2023/24 James Garner

Like him. Comfortable mid table teams have multiple players like him. Great stamina, brave, unselfish, takes responsibility when he’s the closest to danger with blocks etc without pointing at team mates, does the basics very well, but nothing more than that. No issue with players like him forging a good solid career in the game. Unlikely to be dropping hints about trophies and wanting CL football.

Could do with a clone of him so one could sit deep, and one could play a little further up. Would like to see him (or his clone) score a few more.

Remember when everyone was clamoring for him to play RB?

Lolz

This post lol

We have a good to go RB in Garner until,Coleman gets back in 5 weeks.

How on earth Dyche thinks he shouldn't slot in there I have no idea.

He plays for his country at RB and he's played RWB for Everton there. And he's been a success for both.

It's one of the easiest decisions this manager has to make.

Garner played for England at RB

Coleman back 5 weeks after start of the season lol

I wasn’t trying to insinuate anything from your post, mate.

I don’t think Onana’s amazing but there’s definitely a general idea that he’s lazy based on nothing but a slightly different style of play.

Garner is busy, all action etc, but Onana’s use of the ball is much better and he’s also racked up the highest sprint speed of any Everton player this season if we’re going off purely physical stats

They compliment each other really well but some of the love Garner gets compared to the criticism Onana gets is mad
I think you get a steady 7/10 from Garner most games while Onana produces plenty of 5/10’s two or three 4/10’s and once in a while an 8/10 although he produces plenty of 10/10’s for his after the match ends “ I love Everton” efforts!

I just don't think Onana has produced many 4 sor 5s at all this season though.
We all see games differently, Onana still goes missing in every games, if he added a lot more effort and sweat to his part time performances we’d all be a lot better off mostly the team and it wouldn’t do Onana any harm either.

We all see games differently, Onana still goes missing in every games, if he added a lot more effort and sweat to his part time performances we’d all be a lot better off mostly the team and it wouldn’t do Onana any harm either.

For the most part I think Onana has a languid style that people don't like. He occasionally chooses the flashy choice over the safe one (the penalty against Fulham being a great example) and he could impose himself more at times, but I generally think most of the stick he gets is unmerited.

Bit harsh like, he can missing sometimes but think sometimes he's shown the ability to grab the midfield by the neck, he's one of those players that would just look better in a better team, think he's good me.

Still a bellend for that pen tho

Bit harsh like, he can missing sometimes but think sometimes he's shown the ability to grab the midfield by the neck, he's one of those players that would just look better in a better team, think he's good me.

Still a bellend for that pen tho
Do you mean he grabs the midfield opposition by the neck, very rarely that mate in my opinion, just never competes consistently enough in the majority of matches to do that.

For the most part I think Onana has a languid style that people don't like. He occasionally chooses the flashy choice over the safe one (the penalty against Fulham being a great example) and he could impose himself more at times, but I generally think most of the stick he gets is unmerited.
I think the safe part suits him, passing back or sideways mostly then a good diagonal pass once or twice a game which his fans jump on and praise while ignoring the mostly bland game he produces far too often.

Remember when everyone was clamoring for him to play RB?

Lolz

Not everyone...no.

I think you get a steady 7/10 from Garner most games while Onana produces plenty of 5/10’s two or three 4/10’s and once in a while an 8/10 although he produces plenty of 10/10’s for his after the match ends “ I love Everton” efforts!

Garner is a solid 6/10 every game. But he has flashes of 7/10 and above.

Love him in our team.

I just don't think Onana has produced many 4 sor 5s at all this season though.

Indeed

Does he go missing or is he strategic and covering space while making interceptions?

Last season his interceptions were up there...when he was 'missing'.

Intelligent player.

Hes a DM naturally so...but most here look back at the Parkinson bite in tackles or all action play of others and arent used to seeing his type of DM.

Its fair. I loved Gattuso.