2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s not a deep lying playmaker or a box to box midfielder with passing ability/range I don’t want to know.

And born in Birkenhead? Sounds like more of a Manc to me, judging by the interview.
I prefer that, honestly. Although in terms of Wool strength/abilities, it’s all the same.

Good luck Garner.

I think Lampard will only introduce him for his debut when we are comfortable in a game (a couple of goals up) right now we are fighting tooth and nail for every point for the full 95 minutes.

Tbf you stated "Have what we hold" as a reason why Garner wouldn't play. Since you are now stating he isn't an attacking mid, why would you not bring a def mid with bags of energy and be able to foot on the ball, if we are holding onto what we have?
Because all our top 5 or 6 midfielders have bags of energy. A number of traits I associate with defensive midfielders, spraying the ball about with quarterback type passes(we aren't yet a possession dominant team), is not one of them. I have said previously I have no idea what level of performance to expect from Garner. I honestly don't know if he's good enough. Now, if I can admit that can you perhaps admit Garner NOT being brought on in a handful of similar-ish games is no reason to write him off. Someone 'sixth choice' in the past 3 games may not be sixth choice next month.

Right now he's ensuring every one of the other CMs keeps up their levels.

Can't drop any of the starting three the way they've been playing and Davies has been very dependable whenever called upon this season, think Garner has to keep training hard get ahead of Doucore in the pecking order first, step by step to force himself into the team.

Right now he's ensuring every one of the other CMs keeps up their levels.

Can't drop any of the starting three the way they've been playing and Davies has been very dependable whenever called upon this season, think Garner has to keep training hard get ahead of Doucore in the pecking order first, step by step to force himself into the team.
exactly the kind of competition we've been crying out for for years

There’s a number of people who want him to fail on here, because he’s from the Wirral and they could use his ineptness to slur posters on here from the Wirral.
Well your from Kirk-by, Knowsley so that makes sense. But I’d give you the benefit of the doubt also, if you where playing for us.

Jedi’s from Birkenhead are certainly distant cousins once removed at a push for me. Family of sorts. Good people. It’s all Merseyside at the end of the day.

Garner will do well. Regardless of his manc-ish accent or Birkenhead affiliations. He’s a talent.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.