2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon you’ve seen him play for about a combined 20 minutes in your life.
What's he do then?

The last time we saw him he was completely below the level on display in a game between our sorry team and Bournemouth. I'm just not sure why anyone thinks he should be playing or that playing him would fix anything.

It's a complete Lucas Leiva situation.

What's he do then?

The last time we saw him he was completely below the level on display in a game between our sorry team and Bournemouth. I'm just not sure why anyone thinks he should be playing or that playing him would fix anything.

So you were quite happy to ignore Iwobi being absolute AIDS for 3 years and do nothing but make excuses for him but will happily write Garner off after an hour of football, got ya.

Also, Dwight McNeil just needs to be played in the right setup bro. Garner though, nah. Different rules innit.

So you were quite happy to ignore Iwobi being absolute AIDS for 3 years and do nothing but make excuses for him but will happily write Garner off after an hour of football, got ya.

Also, Dwight McNeil just needs to be played in the right set up bro. Garner thought, nah. Different rules innit.
Yes in fact it is actually different as they are all different players.

Can you just tell me what it is Garner is meant to do so in the event he plays again I can look out for it?

Yes in fact it is actually different as they are all different players.

Can you just tell me what it is Garner is meant to do so in the event he plays again I can look out for it?

I’m not pretending to be an expert on James Garner am I? I’m just not writing him off after playing 60 minutes in the league cup. You however seem to be willing to write off McNeil’s 170 games of being diabolical because he’s never once played in the exact right system with the exact players he needs around him. Why are the rules different? Can you explain that for me?

I’m not pretending to be an expert on James Garner am I? I’m just not writing him off after playing 60 minutes in the league cup. You however seem to be willing to write off McNeil’s 140 games of being diabolical because he’s never once played in the exact right system with the exact players he needs around him.
I don't think McNeil is any good mate I'd just like to see us try something that might work instead of the things we have seen over those 140 games be awful. I'm just as willing to move him to LB but we were smacking ourselves silly over Mykolenko and the backline in general only a month or so ago so that didn't look likely to happen.

So anyway I think we agree Garner isn't good at anything. Or at least nothing is immediately apparent.

I don't think McNeil is any good mate I'd just like to see us try something that might work instead of the things we have seen over those 140 games be awful. I'm just as willing to move him to LB but we were smacking ourselves silly over Mykolenko and the backline in general only a month or so ago so that didn't look likely to happen.

So anyway I think we agree Garner isn't good at anything. Or at least nothing is immediately apparent.

There’s nothing immediately apparent to suggest that McNeil would be any good moved to left back, or would be any good under a manager that plays whatever the correct style in your head is? Should we maybe try Garner in a team that is set up correctly rather than the 60 minutes (as opposed to 140 games) of the Bournemouth game that you seem to be judging him definitively on? Do you see how the rules are different for each player here or am I banging my head against a wall?

Garner is defo high potential. Unfortunate injury

Him and Onana

Garner isn't good at anything

I reckon you’ve seen him play for about a combined 20 minutes in your life.

What's he do then?

Anyone who bothered to watch him last sesson would see a top England U21 player.

Someone who can do everything, tackle, pass, dead balls, take the ball forward.

Can be defensive or box to box -- a perfect partner for Onana on paper.

We paid £9mil rising to £15mil for one of the best Central midfielders in the championship.

Can he go up a gear alongside Onana?

We'll have to see, but i wouldnt be amazed if he was in an England squad in the next year or two.

There’s nothing immediately apparent to suggest that McNeil would be any good moved to left back, or would be any good under a manager that plays whatever the correct style in your head is? Should we maybe try Garner in a team that is set up correctly rather than the 60 minutes (as opposed to 140 games) of the Bournemouth game that you seem to be judging him definitively on? Do you see how the rules are different for each player here or am I banging my head against a wall?
The rules really aren't different. Some players I see traits in that I think can maybe be applied and some I just don't. I've asked several times now if you see any glimpses of what Garner is meant to do and you've not provided even a hint of an answer so as I said you actually seem to hold the same viewpoint I do. I think there's more potential in Patterson than Mykolenko as another example and that has nothing to do with me and everything to do with them as players. With Garner I simply don't see much as I didnt and don't with Mykolenko. Maybe I'll be wrong.

The rules really aren't different. Some players I see traits in that I think can maybe be applied and some I just don't. I've asked several times now if you see any glimpses of what Garner is meant to do and you've not provided even a hint of an answer so as I said you actually seem to hold the same viewpoint I do. I think there's more potential in Patterson than Mykolenko as another example and that has nothing to do with me and everything to do with them as players. With Garner I simply don't see much as I didnt and don't with Mykolenko. Maybe I'll be wrong.
You do realise this makes no sense, because “what garner is supposed to do” is dependent on the system as well.

But if you’re talking about his abilities as a midfielder then he’s really good at progressing the ball forward and finding space with his passing range, but again this relies on the movement around him. What we saw when he played, and what is synonymous with Everton, is a complete lack of movement from anyone and a centre forward who is isolated. At Forest he was also good at spotting danger, win possession and start the counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.