Jags: Best defender in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wayne

Player Valuation: £100m
He's been an absolute revelation this season and was immense again last night. I can't think of a better English defender in the land at the moment, and he's certainly been our player of the year.

If you're watching Mr Capello, no more crappy Mathew Upson's. Jags is your man ;)

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more, he's superb. A man mountain and he has been all season since he moved to centre back.

He's the best defender at the club for me.

For as good as he's playing this year I think he could even raise his game even higher. I think he was even better in his last year at Sheff Utd. than he has been this year.

The thing that impresses me most is he's 5ft 11, how many centre backs in the League are that small? I don't think there's any. And even then he deals with six foot plus strikers week in week out.

He could still improve his distribution (so could all our defenders) but in terms of defending there aren't many better, and that's his job at the end of the day.

his distribution needs more work. he is a great blocker a bit like tony hibbert only center back.

but.. how many goals has he saved us this year?

i think jags is ace and after being tipped off about him from my sheffield uited mate i had every confidence he would be mustard.

Joleon Lescott is also putting in some top performances, he was superb yesterday aswell. It’s good to see considering he was lacking form and confidence at the start of the season.

We have three excellent centre backs and hopefully a 4th coming through in Rodwell. At the moment though the best way to go is Hibbert-Jagielka-Lescott-Baines. Yobo will have to wait for his chance.

He's been an absolute revelation this season and was immense again last night. I can't think of a better English defender in the land at the moment, and he's certainly been our player of the year.

If you're watching Mr Capello, no more crappy Mathew Upson's. Jags is your man ;)

[Poor language removed] England Off. We dont need our players goin and gettin rubbed up the wrong way by all off the "superstars!"

England are [Poor language removed] anyway. I wouldn't even open my curtains if they was playin oustide. Bunch off cock noses. EFC or nothin.

Been saying it for ages now, Jags is better than Terry but England call-ups always seem to have a negative affect on Everton players in the last few years one way or another

blaaaaaaaaaa-aaaaaaade mates say we've still seen nothin' yet. 1 thing they say is wait 'til he's needed to play in a totally alien position in a game and then plays it like it's his regular spot. plus we cant evr say we've seen all of jags 'til he's been between the sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.