2023/24 Jack Harrison

…..I get the impression the player would welcome being here next season but there must be a chance annother club agrees a deal with Leeds whilst we’re in a state of limbo.
Leeds are probably getting promoted meaning any team wanting Harrison has to pay £20 million. Personally I'm not convinced he's worth anything like that.

Why calculate a young player on a 3 year deal in comparison to Harrison on a 1 year loan?

After the year, someone needs paying and/or replacing.
Its simply making the point that some people dont understand, that the cost of a player is not just in salary, and some people underestimate how cheaply you can get a player for. Most people would see a punt on a probably-wont-work-out 8m player at 50k a week as cheap. Yet it would cost more than the "expensive" Harrison. Perspective is all.

Signing or keep Harrison on loans means we just stagnate.

Dobbins needs to be playing or gone. Other young players need to be introduced as we have no dosh.

Playing right wingers on the left and left wingers on the right does not work for us!

On the odd occasion they get forward, by the time our solo forward is in the box and they have cut back on to their strong legs the opposition are back in numbers.

Signing or keep Harrison on loans means we just stagnate.

Dobbins needs to be playing or gone. Other young players need to be introduced as we have no dosh.

Playing right wingers on the left and left wingers on the right does not work for us!

On the odd occasion they get forward, by the time our solo forward is in the box and they have cut back on to their strong legs the opposition are back in numbers.
That’s the plan. Survive until we can revive with BMD. Lots of people going to be unhappy on here next season. They won’t like the players, they won’t like the style of football, they won’t like the bench strength.

Suck it up lads.

My leeds mates want us to buy him. Mainly for the cash rather than any animosity. Don't think we'll pay what they want though.
They say he is a 1 in 4 player. I think that is true is you want him beating men and controlling the game.

Dyche will see him as a 3 in 4 player. Plays to the tactics he is given.

If available on loan he is definitely coming back. If we have to buy him I wouldn’t bet against it even then. KT and Dyche have a short term plan and I think they will carry it out well

They say he is a 1 in 4 player. I think that is true is you want him beating men and controlling the game.

Dyche will see him as a 3 in 4 player. Plays to the tactics he is given.

If available on loan he is definitely coming back. If we have to buy him I wouldn’t bet against it even then. KT and Dyche have a short term plan and I think they will carry it out well
Broadly agree with what you are saying but he did get dropped for a bit during the run in. Think they'll take him if the can but hopefully not for anything like the £20m leeds want.

He was good under Bielsa though?

20/21 when they finished top half he got 8 prem goals. Then the next season he again scored 8 although Marsch wasn't a great manager for likes of him as he didn't play with much width.

Issue here is it's not really about being on the front foot and attacking in most games, it's more babysitting the RB when out of possession so his output will inevitably decline in that sort of system.

I fail to believe any serious Leeds fan already has amnesia over the Bielsa years as he had their fanbase feeding out of the palm of his hand.

I liked him, then I didnt like him, now im kinda meh about him.

The manager likes him, so I fully expect him to be retained personally, whether thats another loan if Leeds dont come up or a cut price deal if they do, but I fully expect him to remain here next season.

He’d be a lot more effective if he had a fullback going around the outside
christoph-waltz.png