2023/24 Jack Harrison

Unfortunately I cannot see 80 year old Ashley Young being that person
We really need the boy Patto to take mind-altering drugs over the Summer and come back as Cafu reborn next season.

And when it happens, I will invite him to mine and Margots wedding.

Another season of Big Ashley, Godders and Seamus puffing his cheeks out as he bombs past our 6 yard box next season im afraid.

But hey, I suppose we should be grateful we have Myko Carlos on the left!!!!!

Right?

5c7lwq.png

We really need the boy Patto to take mind-altering drugs over the Summer and come back as Cafu reborn next season.

And when it happens, I will invite him to mine and Margots wedding.

Another season of Big Ashley, Godders and Seamus puffing his cheeks out as he bombs past our 6 yard box next season im afraid.

But hey, I suppose we should be grateful we have Myko Carlos on the left!!!!!

Right?

5c7lwq.png
Maybe they have those dog collars on, and once they go past the half way line they get a little bolt of an electrical shock to the throat.

Its simply making the point that some people dont understand, that the cost of a player is not just in salary, and some people underestimate how cheaply you can get a player for. Most people would see a punt on a probably-wont-work-out 8m player at 50k a week as cheap. Yet it would cost more than the "expensive" Harrison. Perspective is all.

I dont like Harrison and said before we signed him id rather we could get Gnonto over the line.

Hes someone i just didnt see anything in besides the odd 'worldie'.

A one year loan isnt something id want...but if we have no cash and he and Young are the right wing options, i could live with it for a season.

Signing or keep Harrison on loans means we just stagnate.

Dobbins needs to be playing or gone. Other young players need to be introduced as we have no dosh.

Playing right wingers on the left and left wingers on the right does not work for us!

On the odd occasion they get forward, by the time our solo forward is in the box and they have cut back on to their strong legs the opposition are back in numbers.

For arguments sake, lets say after a few sales we had £30mil to use on transfer fees.

Do we split that between Right wing and Right back or do we bring in Harrison for a season and sign a super player in another position?

I think that may be something to consider and why weve extended the 3 contracts.

That’s the plan. Survive until we can revive with BMD. Lots of people going to be unhappy on here next season. They won’t like the players, they won’t like the style of football, they won’t like the bench strength.

Suck it up lads.

If Onana goes then the only players worth being excited about currently are Branthwaite and Chermiti.

Im hoping we sign one or two more like that so we can enjoy following their development.

They say he is a 1 in 4 player. I think that is true is you want him beating men and controlling the game.

Dyche will see him as a 3 in 4 player. Plays to the tactics he is given.

If available on loan he is definitely coming back. If we have to buy him I wouldn’t bet against it even then. KT and Dyche have a short term plan and I think they will carry it out well

That right back position is critical for next season. We cant go into it using Coleman or Young.

Godfrey should be sold with one year left and Patterson even if playing, keeps picking up injuries.

He was good under Bielsa though?

20/21 when they finished top half he got 8 prem goals. Then the next season he again scored 8 although Marsch wasn't a great manager for likes of him as he didn't play with much width.

Issue here is it's not really about being on the front foot and attacking in most games, it's more babysitting the RB when out of possession so his output will inevitably decline in that sort of system.

I fail to believe any serious Leeds fan already has amnesia over the Bielsa years as he had their fanbase feeding out of the palm of his hand.

I think you can look at the attackers performances under Bielsa with a pinch of salt...its like an Ossie Ardiles side from back in the day.

Weve seen him now for a season and hes probably suitable for a 15th-20th placed side.

If it was one of the other two players linked e.g Gnonto (last summer) or Asprilla (Jan) then they are both 20 years old.

After the season we would hope they improve next season and while being good attacking, perhaps they have learned how to defend more effectively.

One thing is for sure, we need a new right hand side. Whether that comes from Patterson & Mills or new signings who knows.

He’d be a lot more effective if he had a fullback going around the outside

We'd be alot better defensively if we didnt have a weak link at right back.

That, for me is the most important position to fill this summer.

I dont like Harrison and said before we signed him id rather we could get Gnonto over the line.

Hes someone i just didnt see anything in besides the odd 'worldie'.

A one year loan isnt something id want...but if we have no cash and he and Young are the right wing options, i could live with it for a season.

For arguments sake, lets say after a few sales we had £30mil to use on transfer fees.

Do we split that between Right wing and Right back or do we bring in Harrison for a season and sign a super player in another position?

I think that may be something to consider and why weve extended the 3 contracts.

If Onana goes then the only players worth being excited about currently are Branthwaite and Chermiti.

Im hoping we sign one or two more like that so we can enjoy following their development.

That right back position is critical for next season. We cant go into it using Coleman or Young.

Godfrey should be sold with one year left and Patterson even if playing, keeps picking up injuries.

I think you can look at the attackers performances under Bielsa with a pinch of salt...its like an Ossie Ardiles side from back in the day.

Weve seen him now for a season and hes probably suitable for a 15th-20th placed side.

If it was one of the other two players linked e.g Gnonto (last summer) or Asprilla (Jan) then they are both 20 years old.

After the season we would hope they improve next season and while being good attacking, perhaps they have learned how to defend more effectively.

One thing is for sure, we need a new right hand side. Whether that comes from Patterson & Mills or new signings who knows.

We'd be alot better defensively if we didnt have a weak link at right back.

That, for me is the most important position to fill this summer.
Godfrey will be Dyche's go to RB next season.
Young will be be cover for Myko.

Maybe they have those dog collars on, and once they go past the half way line they get a little bolt of an electrical shock to the throat.
My brothers dog once got worked up and started running around and bolted through the invisible fence.

Got the shock.

Sat there on the other side whimpering, wouldn’t come back.

So my brothers wife very compassionately went to get the dog and bring her back within the perimeter. Of course she took the collar off the poor dog.

But she kept the collar in her hand when walking back inside the invisible fence line.

So got shocked herself for her troubles.

He would be alright as cover on loan but I am pretty sure Leeds will want to sell him or play him if they dont come up. Dont want to go anywhere near buying him. He had his moments good and bad. Official site say we are trying to get him back meh

He would be alright as cover on loan but I am pretty sure Leeds will want to sell him or play him if they dont come up. Dont want to go anywhere near buying him. He had his moments good and bad. Official site say we are trying to get him back meh
If leeds don't get promoted, Harrison contract clause will allow him to move back to us on loan even if leeds wants to keep him...it will be his decision. So we are probably hoping for Southampton to be promoted instead of leeds so that we can get him back on loan. The squad is depleted so we need reinforcement, so would be a very useful addition.

Wouldn't the young player be the long term solution?
Oh if he panned out that would be great, but hes still not cheaper. But also many of the really cheap punts like that dont work out(see Nathan Patterson) and if they are 19 you arnet getting play out of them anyway for a bit.

Oh if he panned out that would be great, but hes still not cheaper. But also many of the really cheap punts like that dont work out(see Nathan Patterson) and if they are 19 you arnet getting play out of them anyway for a bit.
True, but you could make that argument for any of our older players. We could've offered Gomes a new deal on reduced terms on that basis, although I appreciate that his injury record changes the calculus on that. I'm not sure that an error prone 39 year old is without his own risks either. Anyway, Dyche likes him, the offer's there, my opinion won't prevent Young being offered/signing a new deal but I'm still not happy about it. At some point we've got to move away from survival mode, because clubs that don't inevitably get relegated. Still, we might have gone bust by then anyway! UTFT!

Edit: oops, Harrison is who we're talking about! Harrison is lower risk but he's short term and on £90k a week apparently. Surely we can loan someone as effective and cheaper?

True, but you could make that argument for any of our older players. We could've offered Gomes a new deal on reduced terms on that basis, although I appreciate that his injury record changes the calculus on that. I'm not sure that an error prone 39 year old is without his own risks either. Anyway, Dyche likes him, the offer's there, my opinion won't prevent Young being offered/signing a new deal but I'm still not happy about it. At some point we've got to move away from survival mode, because clubs that don't inevitably get relegated. Still, we might have gone bust by then anyway! UTFT!

Edit: oops, Harrison is who we're talking about! Harrison is lower risk but he's short term and on £90k a week apparently. Surely we can loan someone as effective and cheaper?
Right, with Harrison I was just responding to those calling him much too expensive to loan. By the same people who would then call the player at 8m over 3 years cheap. If you can find the same player for cheaper by all means, but if all of our squad cost the same as him our player cost would nosedive and we'd be the most profitable club in the league.