2023/24 Jack Harrison

Solid player, can cover a few positions and dependable, also part of a team that finished 11th so I’d definitely have him back. We just need to add some more quality and pace to the wings for more depth/competition.

Aren’t Leeds in danger of a PSR breach? Or are they ok under the new rules. If they are they might want to keep him on books if promoted next yr and a loan could suit.

But I’d say they’ll look to sell for £15/20m

He’s only 27
He played 29 times for us in a season we brought in 48 points after back to back relegation battles
We’re not choosing to add Harrison, we’re choosing whether we can get by without him
Our only other winger/wide-mid options are McNeil, Dobbin or Young
Unless we’re going to suddenly be able to splash some cash I’d definitely be signing him for 10-15 mil

If they are desperate for cash then they aren't really in a position to get what they want.
So what you are saying is:

1. You are happy for us to pay a fee for Harrison ,when every penny is going to count this summer.
2. He is worth the £90k a week we need to pay him.
3. We are such an appeal as a club that Harrison will join us and take a massive pay drop.

Whilst I accept beggars can’t be choosers Harrison is not what we need, certainly not with a fee and £90k a week.

So what you are saying is:

1. You are happy for us to pay a fee for Harrison ,when every penny is going to count this summer.
2. He is worth the £90k a week we need to pay him.
3. We are such an appeal as a club that Harrison will join us and take a massive pay drop.

Whilst I accept beggars can’t be choosers Harrison is not what we need, certainly not with a fee and £90k a week.
No, I am saying that Leeds will have to take what they are offered as they can't afford to turn bids down. If we want Harrison then we are in a good position and we should do what Levy would do and put in a derisory bid.

Why would Leeds let us have him for nothing when they are cash strapped?

With three years left of a five year contract they would want at least £15 mill, do you really think in our financial state that he is worth that?
They might not have a choice. The clause in his contract that allowed us to have the free loan due to them being in the championship might still apply next season too.

For me it makes sense on loan or well a reduced price of we buy him 10/15 even if not my choice. If the manager wants him i do understand but we really need to bring in others aswell out wide

They've got some decent players Leeds and once we've sold Onana we should take their best few (Summerville, Gray) and go for Harrison on loan. We'd end up significantly stronger for that.