I've been saying it for years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to come out and say it. That's one of the most idiotic posts I've ever read on here.

Sure, in his last season here what you're saying is pretty accurate. But have you forgotten all the seasons previous to that? Before he got injured, he was pretty much the best centre mid in the league, bar none. Even once he came back, he was still awesome there up until the season ended.

And for your information, Arsenal fans love him. He's had a couple of poorer games recently, but on the whole he's been very, very good for them. Almost immediately one of their key players, although I doubt that's too hard nowadays.
what he said

Yeah it's easy to get good passing stats when you roll a ball 3 feet to someone else!

regardless of who likes him, i thought he was massively over rated.

Arsenal fans love him? good, but that means nothing, i know many Everton fans who loved vinny samways!

Arteta has all the ingredients for a top player but more often than not fluffs it or takes the easy route out. Good games but more average games methinks!

I'm going to come out and say it. That's one of the most idiotic posts I've ever read on here.

Sure, in his last season here what you're saying is pretty accurate. But have you forgotten all the seasons previous to that? Before he got injured, he was pretty much the best centre mid in the league, bar none. Even once he came back, he was still awesome there up until the season ended.

And for your information, Arsenal fans love him. He's had a couple of poorer games recently, but on the whole he's been very, very good for them. Almost immediately one of their key players, although I doubt that's too hard nowadays.

Thirded. The only signing this season they're pleased with. His stats speak for themself.

Arteta was a good player for us, but I dont think he is massively missed. I do think he plays at a very slow tempo and he struggles to raise the tempo when its required. I think it was good business to get rid of him for £10 million, very good business at his age.

But like I said, he improved us slightly but I think we have players who can step up. Pienaar is a better player in my opinion, because he has more drive in his game.

Arteta played some superb football for us, a class act on many an occasion.
Having said that he never did rediscover that form after returning from his injury.Sad but true.
The Arteta that is now plying his trade at Arsenal, is but a shadow of his former self.
A great player when at his best for Everton,thanks for the memories Mikel, I sincerely hope you rediscover the form that captivated so many of us Evertonians.

Arteta was a good player for us, but I dont think he is massively missed. I do think he plays at a very slow tempo and he struggles to raise the tempo when its required. I think it was good business to get rid of him for £10 million, very good business at his age.

But like I said, he improved us slightly but I think we have players who can step up. Pienaar is a better player in my opinion, because he has more drive in his game.

When Pienaar left, the general feeling was that Baines made him, and he would be useless without him. Now he's back (and I would be happy to see the loan deal made permanent), he's better than Arteta. Both of them made us a great side to watch, but Mikel is slower since his injury. In his prime, Mikel was a joy to watch, Thanks for the memories

I think he became stale at Everton. I think he's joined a side in transition at best and turmoil at worst.

I think he was never a world class player, but he was a very strong European standard player at his peak and by far and away our most technically gifted player for a good three or four years.

When we sold him, we cashed in at the right time. I don't think he was ever going to be reach his best standards at our club again as deep down he wanted away.

We got a decent fee and his best years out of him. I won't say a bad word against him, other than he deserved the "Crab" label attached to him in his last two years as, at times, he was genuinely awful - but those two years don't blacken his overall career at Everton for me.

The knee injurys that Arteta, Yakubu, Jagielka and of course Vaughan all suffered used to end careers, its no surprise that they come back different players.

Keep on eye on Essien, IMO hes also never gonna reach the heights he did pre injury.

Same for Torres.

The knee injurys that Arteta, Yakubu, Jagielka and of course Vaughan all suffered used to end careers, its no surprise that they come back different players.

Keep on eye on Essien, IMO hes also never gonna reach the heights he did pre injury.

Same for Torres.

*cough yaks was an Achilles injury but i agree!

though shearer did ok after!

Arteta actually started his Arsenal career really well didn't he? He has way more pressure on himself over there

He was good for us overall. He was good for Moyes' style of play, and he could find Cahill in the box.

Different team, different tactics, all equate to a different player. Can't really compare Apples with Arsenoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.