I've been saying it for years...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrD

Player Valuation: £10m
I never subscribed to the Arteta is an amazing footballer ****e that most people said.

He is being shown for what he really is down at arsenal. Sideways passes, no real threat and can barely get free kicks or corners past the first man.

He plays like he believes he has all the skill in the world so he can take his time and rip teams apart with his sublime vision...oh wait, another 10 yard pass across the half way line.

Sure, he had good moments with us, scored some good gaols but the hype he recieved was not justified.

He always said he wanted to play centre mid...but he just can't cut it.

I never subscribed to the Arteta is an amazing footballer ****e that most people said.

He is being shown for what he really is down at arsenal. Sideways passes, no real threat and can barely get free kicks or corners past the first man.

He plays like he believes he has all the skill in the world so he can take his time and rip teams apart with his sublime vision...oh wait, another 10 yard pass across the half way line.

Sure, he had good moments with us, scored some good gaols but the hype he recieved was not justified.

He always said he wanted to play centre mid...but he just can't cut it.

+1

Had some cracking games for us, but he has always been overrated, just because he's Spanish.

6a00d8341c387d53ef0148c84decb8970c-320wi

I'm going to come out and say it. That's one of the most idiotic posts I've ever read on here.

Sure, in his last season here what you're saying is pretty accurate. But have you forgotten all the seasons previous to that? Before he got injured, he was pretty much the best centre mid in the league, bar none. Even once he came back, he was still awesome there up until the season ended.

And for your information, Arsenal fans love him. He's had a couple of poorer games recently, but on the whole he's been very, very good for them. Almost immediately one of their key players, although I doubt that's too hard nowadays.

When the opta stats came out comparing the three well regarded Spaniards in the league one season, (can't remember when) Arteta was shown to be better than the more revered Alonso and Fabrigas. It was only because the others played for the media darlings and more attention was paid to them, that they were considered better. Arteta went about his work quietly and effectively.

When the opta stats came out comparing the three well regarded Spaniards in the league one season, (can't remember when) Arteta was shown to be better than the more revered Alonso and Fabrigas. It was only because the others played for the media darlings and more attention was paid to them, that they were considered better. Arteta went about his work quietly and effectively.

Indeed. Only problem with Arteta is that when he is gash, he is GASH. Unfortunately there were more GASH games than there were good games for him towards the end of his Everton career. Sad, because I did like him, but people did bum him a bit too much sometimes, and it was frustrating because it then put said people in denial when he factually had a chod game.

I'm going to come out and say it. That's one of the most idiotic posts I've ever read on here.

Sure, in his last season here what you're saying is pretty accurate. But have you forgotten all the seasons previous to that? Before he got injured, he was pretty much the best centre mid in the league, bar none. Even once he came back, he was still awesome there up until the season ended.

And for your information, Arsenal fans love him. He's had a couple of poorer games recently, but on the whole he's been very, very good for them. Almost immediately one of their key players, although I doubt that's too hard nowadays.

This.

I've only seen him in patches for Arsenal but it seems to me he's being asked to cover a lot more ground for them than he did for us. It's more a workman-like role rather than the artisan role he had here.

Status
Not open for further replies.