Its officially OFF, great season though

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've won there twice in the past five years mate.

OK that's 3 wins at Craven cottage since 1966 - We should win, but it is a bogey ground worse than Anfield- looked at my EFC games History last night 1966 Alan Balls debut we won 1-0 with him scoring - the season after the Golden Vision scored at Craven Cottage in a 2-1 defeat - Fulham relegated bottom that season! - take nothing for granted - I feel we should win easily if we play like last night, but if you know your history keep it in mind!

Football is strange, Arsenal might pull something out of the bag and beat City, they will have learned from teir trashing from Chelsea and Liverpool, plus city. We always struggle at Fulham?

If things go to plan this weekend, I think a point against Arsenal would be a good result. With us having Sunderland and Palace after that - and them being in the semi final on the 12th. Its a great chance for us to be in the box seat going into the United game.

Wont happen though.....will it

Football is strange, Arsenal might pull something out of the bag and beat City, they will have learned from teir trashing from Chelsea and Liverpool, plus city. We always struggle at Fulham?
It's one thing knowing where you went wrong, and another trying to fix it. I think they are scared of us catching which could have a detrimental effect on their mindset.

If things go to plan this weekend, I think a point against Arsenal would be a good result. With us having Sunderland and Palace after that - and them being in the semi final on the 12th. Its a great chance for us to be in the box seat going into the United game.

Wont happen though.....will it

Would rather us draw/lose Fulham and then beat Arsenal. They're known as 6-pointers for a reason!

Until Fulham beat us 1-0 after we have 32 shots on target, 72% possession and a man sent off... it's deffo still on.

First Chelsea should beat Palace on Saturday 3:00PM and increase the difference to 6 points but with 3 games in hand for city

Second and as a result of Chelsea's win, City will be fired up to close the gap and as a result they should beat Arsenal to close the gap back to 3 points (with Chelsea and 2 games in hand)

Third, due to Arsenal losing on Saturday, our players will be fired up on Sunday against Fulham, we should win and close the gap to 3 points with Arsenal visiting us next and a game in hand

First Chelsea should beat Palace on Saturday 3:00PM and increase the difference to 6 points but with 3 games in hand for city

Second and as a result of Chelsea's win, City will be fired up to close the gap and as a result they should beat Arsenal to close the gap back to 3 points (with Chelsea and 2 games in hand)

Third, due to Arsenal losing on Saturday, our players will be fired up on Sunday against Fulham, we should win and close the gap to 3 points with Arsenal visiting us next and a game in hand

That would be the ideal scenario, we are still in this.

I have always been a bit of a pessimist where Everton is concerned, and prepared for a bit of a let down. So do I think we can get 4th/5th, who knows and there is plenty of debate on here as to the why's and where fores. The most important thing for me is that we can even have this conversation at all. Start of the season I thought 10th would be about where we were, new manager, system and all. We have had a few downs, but lots of ups and to be still talking about European qualification at this stage of the season is brilliant, long may it continue.

A very possible scenario:

Arsenal fail to beat city this week: 0-1 point
We beat Fulham
We then beat Arsenal next week and beat Palace (the game in hand)

We will be 2 or 3 points ahead of Arsenal with 5 games for each:

Arsenal:
West Ham (H)
Hull (A)
Newcastle (H)
WBA (H)
Norwich (A)

Everton:
Sunderland (A)
United (H)
Southampton (A)
City (H)
Hull (A)

So even if things go our way next couple of weeks, the last 5 games for both us and Arsenal should turn things around back in their favor

there is no doubt that Arsenal (and Spurs) have the easier run in on paper. But look at what happened last night with Arsenal dropping points in a game on paper they should have won.

God knows what will end up happening but, in my view, we will 100% have to beat Arsenal at home to have any chance of getting fourth.

There are no easy fixtures in this league. I think we can afford to slip up I see spurs and Arsenal having a bad end to the season. If we keep out players fit its defo on. Last time we were on a run we where able to have players like mirallas on the bench. Same with this run. Good players on the bench means success. A win on Sunday and a draw v arse would set us up lovely. Of course I want a 4 nil routless statement of a result v arsenal but I'm a negative realistic scumbag.

It will ultimately come down to us. The only side who can beat us at our best who are left is City. If we perform we could win all the other fixtures. We probably won't, but the same applies for Arsenal. In my head if we beat Arsenal and United at home we'll have a great chance of fourth. Top 4 sides shouldnt worry about beatimg rivals at home or winning at places like Fulham and Hull. If we fail we're simply not good enough.

Swansea Home or Newcastle Away. I know which game on paper I would be confident of picking up 3 points in.
Manchester United Away or Sunderland at Home. We Won one and lost one as we would have predicted.

Football isn't played on paper and the form side does not always win.

Status
Not open for further replies.