Its officially OFF, great season though

Status
Not open for further replies.
,well above most peoples expectations at the start of the season.fantastic season by the whole team,though some of the knee jerk reactions on here today, you'd not have thought it !.

1 point for guaranteed 6th 3 for 5th. Don't think united or Spurs will win all games anyway.

,well above most peoples expectations at the start of the season.fantastic season by the whole team,though some of the knee jerk reactions on here today, you'd not have thought it !.

It's because it was slow close to get 4th. Some games such as the Palace one at home just made it frustrating.

Also, I don't think we'll get another chance to get 4th with United, Spurs etc all splashing cash for next season.

It has been a really good season regardless.

Keep the nucleus of the current squad together along with some more clever acquisitions in the summer and we'll be in for another decent season.

not-sure-if-kill-myself-now-or-sooner.jpg

Can we clarify what It is?
Because if its Everton's ability to bring you crashing down to earth as soon as you think we are ace again, then it's pretty much always On.

Disappointing today but it was always going to be a big ask, especially with so many players missing, and Southampton played quite well. Even so we had a very good shout for a penalty turned down as well as what looked like an incorrect offside call.

So, Spurs would need to win away at West Ham and hope that we lose at home to City to draw level on points with us and then they'd need to better our result away at Hull when Villa visit the Lane (or vice versa).

If we drew both our games Tottenham would need to win both of theirs. I think that they've been fortunate this season to be in the position that they're in and it would be unjust if they overtook us.

I'm sure that the wins over Arsenal and United took a lot out of the side but hopefully we can summon the energy for one final push during the Goodison send off and secure fifth place with a win over Pellegrini's side.

We're perhaps not quite ready for CL football in any case but it would be nice to taste European football of some description as long as it doesn't affect our league campaign too much.

And you never know....Newcastle might just spring a surprise at the Emirates anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.