Its all gone a bit Pete Tong

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
Well, according to some. I wish to present the case for the defence (of the club.

1 - In the summer we signed Baines (6 mil), Jagielka (4 mil), Pienaar (loan) and will sign Yakubu (11 mil). This will strengthen the best squad we've had for ages.
2 - We tied down Cahill and Arteta on five year deals.
3 - Cahill and Vaughan to return in the non too distant future, both influencial players who will add to the first team.
4 - We have Moyes, the best Manager we've had since Senor Kendall in the 80s.
5 - Some will disagree but we have roughly ten million to blow on a classy midfielder.
6 - This Friday we enter a draw for European competition, something we could only dream of for the past 15 years (excluding two years ago).

Depending on which way you look at things we also have a brand spanking new stadium to look forward to the near future.

Fernandes was not that good to deem points 1-6 invalid. [Poor language removed] me, we the Spurs optimism was just over a week ago and now its falling down?

Its exciting times to be a blue, gentlemen. Join me.

We haven't sign yak yet... so our outlay is 10 million, considering we sold naysmith and BT for 6 million, we only spend 4 million.

happy that we sign cahill and arteta on long term.

Cahill and vaughan will be back, but mths away from now. And thats an awful lot of game to be missing out, probably around 10 games? It's a curse, not a blessing. Some of the players in the team against blackburn is unfit or nursing injuries, that shows the desperation we are in.

moyes did well, he can do better by cutting down all the long balls we launch from defence. Stupid way to play considering it bypass the best player we had on the pitch - arteta.

money to spend.... I'll talk about it on 1st september..

I agree. It's looking good.

Hopefully Jags will get a starting place against Bolton after his good showing recently.

Not sure we'll sign a midfielder before Friday though. Anything is possible though I would laugh my shoulder off if DM pulls another diamond out of the bag.

Yakubu will sign, and we still have another ten million to spend. Thats the facts, we wouldnt bid for players if we didnt have the money.

And barring one or two bad uns (which you would expect) Moyes does have a knack of buying quality players.

The glass is half full.

Agreed. That's what I mean, I would laugh and laugh like a giddy schoolgirl if he bought another jimmy jangle. Someone right good like.

I have to go and lie down.....I mentioned schoolgirls.....

We have all those exciting things to look forward to, but there could have been one more to that list, a classy upcoming brilliant midfielder that we missed out on. I think we are still building our squad up and we should all be very very excited for whats to come

Status
Not open for further replies.