It really is that simple, too bad the FA won't act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Bill

Player Valuation: £80m
Diving. Cheating. Conning the referee.

Three man panel that looks at video evidence of any potential diving or cheating. Ex-player. Ex-referee. Ex-manager.

Automatic three match ban for being found guilty of going down in the box when there was no contact or very minimal contact but not enough to knock a world class athlete on his ass. No ability to appeal.

Automatic one match ban for being found guilty of going down under the same circumstances outside of the box. Can appeal but if you lose the appeal, goes to a two match ban.

I'm tired of seeing world class athletes falling over when the same types of challenges wouldn't come close to knocking me over and I'm not the biggest nor am I the fastest guy in the world.

What in the hell is wrong with the FA that they let this go on. It'll continue to go on until it's stamped out of the game. We don't allow racism or bigotry in the game. We don't allow fighting. We don't allow managers to make disparaging comments after the match. We don't allow two footed tackles/dangerous tackles in the game. We don't allow intentional handballs.

Well then why in the hell do we continue to allow cheating in the game (and blatant cheating at that?) And there are people who think it belongs in the game? And when the player cons the referee, he also get's the opportunity to not only "win" a penalty, but to get an opposing player sent off. Where's the justice for the opposing player? Why aren't they protected? Where is their redress?

What's it gonna take? Really, what's it going to take to act on this? Don't tell me it can't be done because it can and quite easily. Last season, MLS (remember them, they're the softy league over in the States) banned a player retroactively for diving after reviewing video replay.

I hate diving, I absolutely hate it. BUT (and this is a big BUT), if the league is going to allow players to continue to get away with it, then I'm almost to the point where I'll be ok with and Everton player falling over in the box and "winning" a penalty under the very slightest of contact by leaving their legs out and then buckling their knees while throwing their arms up in the air. Could mean the difference between and win and a draw or a draw and a loss. Could mean the difference between fourth, fifth, or sixth. Could mean the difference in millions of prize money. Other players will certainly do it to us given the chance.

Amazing that the most lucrative and most followed league in the world still allows it.

Stamp it out. Stamp it out for good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said. It's amazing when you watch old matches and you see the difference. Players staying on their feet. Actual honest to God tackles. Contact.

Spot on post, shame that the likes of Platini seem more concerned with promoting some form of united nations of football in places lie Qatar than actually sorting out the fundamental corruption/cheating culture that abides and flourishes within the game in the top leagues

Well said. It's amazing when you watch old matches and you see the difference. Players staying on their feet. Actual honest to God tackles. Contact.

Glad you brought this up.

On the old FSC, they used to show English classics from the 70's and 80's in the top division. When I'd stop and watch these (remember, I really didn't start watching football till the mid 90's), two things really stood out:

1) The speed of the game.

2) The amount of physicality that the referee would allow.

Players would go after a 50/50 and the one who was on the wrong end of it would invariably just hop up and get on with it.

I understand the speed of the game is quicker and I understand that due to that, the players need to be protected, but players have learned to take advantage of that and not in a good way.

I hated it when Arteta would go down like a sniper got him.

But yeah, the Suarez dive just kinda put me over the top.

Arteta often went down easily but he was most fouled player in the prem by a wide margin for about 3 years. If he tried to stay on his feet he wouldn't be playing right now.

Its not hard to review pens now.

No problem with him falling over if the foul actually put him on the deck. But if he'd go over too easy (as he'd done several times), I and most every other Evertonian weren't happy with him.

One thing about Evertonians. They hate it when their own player dives.

Good on them.

Theirs a huge difference between 'winning fouls' and 'diving' too, for example peanuts draws a hell of a lot of fouls, plays for them in fact a lot of the time, but cant really remember a case of him diving, just clever gamesmanship if you like in knowing how to position himself to get a defender to knock him over, theirs a whole world of difference to what that shower suarez and bale do on a regular basis which is outright cheating with zero contact and making sure everyone thinks they have been shot

I agree fully with the OP. It depends on who the ex player, ref and manager are though. Shearer defended Suarez's 'right' to go down on MOTD, most of the refs are incompetent/corrupt, and a lot of managers don't see anything ie Wenger.

Spot on post, shame that the likes of Platini seem more concerned with promoting some form of united nations of football in places lie Qatar than actually sorting out the fundamental corruption/cheating culture that abides and flourishes within the game in the top leagues

Qatar ... an absolute toilet of a country.

It's not just the diving though - it's the player who goes down and stays down, then after eventually getting him off the pitch, within 10 seconds is fit and raring to go. Should be, however long it takes for a player to get off the pitch, that's how long they have to stay off after the restart.
And players not moving 10 yards from free kicks - should be an automatic yellow. Free kick is awarded, it is an automatic response for the opposition to first kick the ball a few yards away then go and stand right on the ball when it has been placed. And the player in front of the ball will eventually move the 10 yards, but how often do you see a player 3 or 4 yards to the side effectively cuting off the option of a sideways pass. Book them. Book them all.

SUAREZ and that entire club are cheats.

The nation will support us next week and cheer if we win and fume if they cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.