It really is that simple, too bad the FA won't act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Lineker and Shearer are still squirming from the 70% poll that said Suarez dived.

When they made excuses and said he didn't.

How embarrassing for BBC MOTD.

The whole culture has changed hasn't it? I found myself watching the Gazza tackle on Gary Charles that knackered up his leg. It was a horror of a tackle and the commentator was umming and arring over whether it should be a booking lol

_45662575_hughesunsworth282.jpg

This sort of thing used to be a good part of the game too. Upper body strength mattered and you could have a bit of a scrap for the ball. I miss that.

While I do agree.

If Everton won the cup/league/anything by virtue of a player diving to win a peno then I really wouldn't give a hoot.

That may make me shallow but I really don't care.

This sort of thing used to be a good part of the game too. Upper body strength mattered and you could have a bit of a scrap for the ball. I miss that.

Weird thing about that is it's currently allowed just at corners, even without the ball being near. Except for EFC who've had two penalties against us for that, even though we hardly ever do it, thanks to our wonderful socially inadequate professional referees.

The whole culture has changed hasn't it? I found myself watching the Gazza tackle on Gary Charles that knackered up his leg. It was a horror of a tackle and the commentator was umming and arring over whether it should be a booking lol

Definite foul on Rhino.

Is this just because Suarez is a cheating c u next tuesday lad?

.....he hit a 25 yard free kick just wide at the weekend, but the foul awarded for it was amazing. I saw him do it once before in a European match, where he almost body checks his opponent and then falls over as if he's been shot. Refs give him the foul. I suppose some would say cheating, others that he's being clever, but if your the one playing against him you must think 'what can you do'.

Yeah the corner situation is a sham at the moment. Likewise goalkeepers can do far more than any other player in terms of contact with an opponent, yet they're also protected far more than any other player.

...also, players constantly appeal for throw-ins, corners etc when they blatantly know they got the last touch. Standards of fair play have completely gone out of the window.

Shearer was the master at backing into the cb then falling forward when he felt the defender holding his ground mate, so no surprise he always sides on the cheaters side

While I do agree.

If Everton won the cup/league/anything by virtue of a player diving to win a peno then I really wouldn't give a hoot.

That may make me shallow but I really don't care.

Yeah i'm quoting myself...and WOT?

Anyway, interested to see other people's opinions on this.

Imgaine the scenario:

89th minute, FA Cup Final against them lot. It's 0-0. Coleman goes on a jinking run into the box, that carthorse Sakho goes in for the tackle, wins the ball but Coleman sees the chance and goes flying. Ref gives the peno. Baines dispatches as per, and Everton win the cup. Over them lot.

Yeah, I'm defo OK with that.

(please note, I don't think Coleman would do that. I just used him as the example here. Many thanks)

89th minute, FA Cup Final against them lot. It's 0-0. Gerrard goes on a jinking run into the box, Distin goes in for the tackle, wins the ball but Gerrard sees the chance and goes flying. Ref gives the peno. Suarez dispatches as per, and that lot win the cup. Over us.

How about now Ijjy?

89th minute, FA Cup Final against them lot. It's 0-0. Gerrard goes on a jinking run into the box, Distin goes in for the tackle, wins the ball but Gerrard sees the chance and goes flying. Ref gives the peno. Suarez dispatches as per, and that lot win the cup. Over us.

How about now Ijjy?

I'd be really annoyed mate. Obviously.

But that hasn't really answered the question.

Last edited:
.....he hit a 25 yard free kick just wide at the weekend, but the foul awarded for it was amazing. I saw him do it once before in a European match, where he almost body checks his opponent and then falls over as if he's been shot. Refs give him the foul. I suppose some would say cheating, others that he's being clever, but if your the one playing against him you must think 'what can you do'.

I'm going to try and be none biased here, but wht he does there, is what Pienaar was praised for over the page. He puts his body in line to draw the foul. Artetea used to do it aswell, nothing wrong with this IMO. Diving and fiegning contact, or even exagerrating contact is cheating, putting your body in front of the ball and taking the contact isn't.

...also, players constantly appeal for throw-ins, corners etc when they blatantly know they got the last touch. Standards of fair play have completely gone out of the window.

Also, on this, I was always of the mind of, 'Worth a go'.

Status
Not open for further replies.