It really is that simple, too bad the FA won't act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If something annoys me, then I'd feel off about taking pleasure from that same thing when the boot was on the other foot.

Yeah I can understand that.

But I have to say it'd be beautiful. For me at least.

I'll also be 100% honest, if we won tonight due to a dodgy pen, i'd be OK with it!

Like I say. I'm shallow.

The worst part of it all is the excusing and even encouragment of it by certain ex-players in their roles as TV pundits. Disgrace.

Well it's annoying for sure but these things annoy me more

1. Time never being added on to injury time if their are delays during injury time.

2. Offside goals actually standing, mind boggling that the biggest sport in the world with millions upon millions of money bet on it allows offside goals to stand. no other sport I know of is so happy to let bad calls decide the outcome of a match. If someone scores a goal and the other team claim it's offside them stop the game and watch the replay ffs. I don't care if it ruins the flow slightly... Nothing is more important than a correct and fair decision. Especially when the decision could be worth millions depending on the circumstance.

Football officiating is mind boggling bad on a regular basis, genuinely amazes me how in 2014 bad calls are just an accepted part of the game. There should never ever be a bad call, not with today's technology.

Last edited:
Well it's annoying for sure but these things annoy me more

1. Time never being added on to injury time if their are delays during injury time.

2. Offside goals actually standing, mind boggling that the biggest sport in the world with millions upon millions of money bet on it allows offside goals to stand. no other sport I know of is so happy to let bad calls decide the outcome of a match. If someone scores a goal and the other team claim it's offside them stop the game and watch the replay ffs. I don't care if it ruins the flow slightly... Nothing is more important than a correct and fair decision. Especially when the decision could be worth millions depending on the circumstance.

Football officiating is mind boggling bad on a regular basis, genuinely amazes me how in 2014 bad calls are just an accepted part of the game. There should never ever be a bad call, not with today's technology.

Absolutely Agree...Each team have two opportunities to call for a DRS within the 90 minutes + added time...Suarez goes down, referee gives a penalty...Aston Villa keeper calls for the review...decision overturned, Suarez yellow for diving, free kick to Villa...it's that bloody simple, yet FIFA are absolutely against it...

Millions upon millions of Pounds riding on these potentially match turning decisions, and mistake upon mistake continually being made..Spurs would be bottom half of the league; that is what a difference these decisions would make...

Was only a matter of time before Bill bought guns into the argument.
tom_giggling.gif

The rules are there, it's just over the years ( for some reason ) the interpretation has changed. This comes from FIFA UEFA

The turkeys won't vote for Christmas unless something makes them.

something money related will do it, but just what or how???

Every man and his dog knew the r/s would get a penalty. Can't see it changing tbh, perhaps the only way would be to exchange refs with another European country for a Season as a trial.

What would be the point of any retrospective panel judging on diving anyway when both the moronic Sky/BBC pundits reckon it was a penalty to the RS on Saturday and that there was contact.

Andy Johnson was the master of winning a penalty... until he had the striker thrashed out of him by Day Moist.

It was Wenger and Warnock who ruined him. After their comments, opposition defenders realised that they could foul him at will and not get penalised. Ruined his confidence.

there are a lot of SIMPLE things the FA could do to make the game better. Get that spray for free kicks that disappears after a few minutes so taht the players dont constantly do that bull**** shuffle step forward. Yellow for going over that. They use it in leagues all over the world, yet theres no point for English football to use it?

Video replay of penalty incidents. TV gets the play pulled up almost IMMEDIATELY. Rather get this right than worry about the damn flow of the game.

Retrospective action against divers/cheaters. Seriously, this is about as straightforward as it gets. The FA dont want to do it tho because it would 'undermine the referee'? So theyre ok with the integrity of the game being impugned at the cost their referee looking incompetent?

Football is only a contact sport at set pieces.........allowed to wrestle when the original set piece has probably derived from breathing on someones neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.