Isn't it great being an Evertonian at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes , we have a few worrying injuries that we are worrying about at the moment.
But a great start to the season. A cup quarter final. Two worldies bought in via James and Allan , to compliment Rico.
Really good players already at the club. Including the Doucoure buy , that I think is instrumental.
A world class manager , backed by a DOF , supported by financial overlords.
And a state of the art new ground on the way.
Once the dross that is impossible to move on , is out of contract. I honestly believe that we are back in the big time.
Obviously expect something horrible to happen now , but from a footballing perspective , we have moved on a million miles in the last 5 years ?.
Mate

You should have seen it on here less than 2 months ago.

We'd not long lost to Bournemouth at home. The transfer window had been open weeks and all we'd brought in was a French teenager nobody had ever heard of. We had to sell to buy. Brands was a fraud. Carlo was about to walk. DCL was crap again and had to go. It was really hard work on here trying to get the masses to believe that the world wasn't actually ending. You literally had to go into the covid thread for cheering up.

Such is life as an Everton supporter. You have to savour the moment whenever you can. Long may this one last

Yes , we have a few worrying injuries that we are worrying about at the moment.
But a great start to the season. A cup quarter final. Two worldies bought in via James and Allan , to compliment Rico.
Really good players already at the club. Including the Doucoure buy , that I think is instrumental.
A world class manager , backed by a DOF , supported by financial overlords.
And a state of the art new ground on the way.
Once the dross that is impossible to move on , is out of contract. I honestly believe that we are back in the big time.
Obviously expect something horrible to happen now , but from a footballing perspective , we have moved on a million miles in the last 5 years ?.

Everton 0 brighton 5
Cheers.

It's always great being an Evertonian, but sometimes it involves patience, forbearance and a willingness to suffer. But when I watch my namesake James it is worth it.

Reactions: kev
First time since bobby's first season I actually can't wait for the game instead of just automatically assuming it's going to ruin my weekend.

I always think back to the night under Smith when we went to Villa and played 4 centre halves and 4 strikers and Kevin Campbell was in midfield and we got the most boring 0-0 draw in history and it was freezing. That felt lower than nearly getting relegated twice.

There have been many, too many days and nights over the last 30 odd years. We have to enjoy every moment while it lasts.

You do know you will now be a Blue for life don't you, once Everton have touched you... in the words of the great Alan Ball, enjoy it now because they'll break your heart over and over haha

That I am. I have followed James and other Colombian players for a long time bit I have never been a fan of their teams. Madrid and Bayern are too arrogant and Monaco was just so hard to watch. This is the first time I identify with a team. Something about this team that makes you love them.

That I am. I have followed James and other Colombian players for a long time bit I have never been a fan of their teams. Madrid and Bayern are too arrogant and Monaco was just so hard to watch. This is the first time I identify with a team. Something about this team that makes you love them.

Love this.

Welcome to our big dysfunctional family.

If you get a chance you should check out the "Everton Howard's Way" documentary

I look forward to us playing which is a nice change, Everything just feels good at the moment, Elite manager elite el magico in Rodriguez DCL turning into an absolute boss slotter and Richarlison going onto greater heights, Feels like everything is slowly falling into place this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.