Transfer Rumour ISCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a massive improvement over Gomes at this point, even overweight. He would help us absorb the pressure well and also provide another outlet for James that can turn into a quick pass down the flank to Richy
A scarecrow positioned in the middle of the park with one eye missing is still a huge improvement on Gomes.

Disagree, dont think he is a winger though. No10 for me. He is tricky enough to make an impact...and he works hard.
He hasn’t a future here and isn’t good enough, maybe we could get away with a number 10 in certain games. At home against some of the weaker teams.

but with us constantly leaking goals, adding another weak player to the midfield isn’t going to help. And there’s a big difference from working hard, to being a presence. When we come under pressure and he has to sit in. How’s he going to help, getting smashed all over the park. He has 18 months left in January, he won’t be getting a new deal, let’s hope Roma are interested and get a few quid in for him and his monster wages, he hasn’t earned off tge bill.

if we need to go with a 10, James would be first choice for me. And I’d even play iwobi before Bernard.

He hasn’t a future here and isn’t good enough, maybe we could get away with a number 10 in certain games. At home against some of the weaker teams.

but with us constantly leaking goals, adding another weak player to the midfield isn’t going to help. And there’s a big difference from working hard, to being a presence. When we come under pressure and he has to sit in. How’s he going to help, getting smashed all over the park. He has 18 months left in January, he won’t be getting a new deal, let’s hope Roma are interested and get a few quid in for him and his monster wages, he hasn’t earned off tge bill.

if we need to go with a 10, James would be first choice for me. And I’d even play iwobi before Bernard.
I'm also skeptical, but it's about Isco's motivation - not the type of player. If Isco is motivated, he is one of the world's best midfielders. One of Isco's skills, and here he is perhaps the best in the world, is to get away with the ball under pressure. When opponents pressed hard, Real Madrid often solved this with Isco going down into a deeper role, sending Casmeiro the opposite way.

For me, sitting back and absorbing the pressure is not a clever strategy, instead you have to have players who can break through the opponent's pressure = presence. Furthermore, a hypothetical midfield with Gbamin, Allan and AD will be very one-dimensional. None of them are particularly creative, technical and good at distributing the ball. If we are going to play with a 3 in midfield, we need these elements.

I'm also skeptical, but it's about Isco's motivation - not the type of player. If Isco is motivated, he is one of the world's best midfielders. One of Isco's skills, and here he is perhaps the best in the world, is to get away with the ball under pressure. When opponents pressed hard, Real Madrid often solved this with Isco going down into a deeper role, sending Casmeiro the opposite way.

For me, sitting back and absorbing the pressure is not a clever strategy, instead you have to have players who can break through the opponent's pressure = presence. Furthermore, a hypothetical midfield with Gbamin, Allan and AD will be very one-dimensional. None of them are particularly creative, technical and good at distributing the ball. If we are going to play with a 3 in midfield, we need these elements.
Liverpool have won a title with a non creative midfield. I appreciate they have other parts to their team that are a class above ours.

If you want James & Richarlison to have a bit of freedom, then you need the 3 midfielders to be solid and disciplined.

Just add a top class GK and RB to that front
6 and I think we would be very close
To a top 4 team

Liverpool have won a title with a non creative midfield. I appreciate they have other parts to their team that are a class above ours.

If you want James & Richarlison to have a bit of freedom, then you need the 3 midfielders to be solid and disciplined.

Just add a top class GK and RB to that front
6 and I think we would be very close
To a top 4 team

The key here is Firmino. He is the link-up player who creates room for Salah and Mane. Can say a lot about DCL, but he is not a link-up player. He is more of a classic number 9. Then there are many other factors that come into play. Klopp has also brought in Thiago, precisely to get more creativity in midfield. I also do not think Ancelotti will replicate Klopp's style of play. Nothing so far indicates that Ancelotti favors high pressure, counter-pressure, and quick transitions. In fact, none of the clubs that Ancelotti has coached have been known for this.

The key here is Firmino. He is the link-up player who creates room for Salah and Mane. Can say a lot about DCL, but he is not a link-up player. He is more of a classic number 9. Then there are many other factors that come into play. Klopp has also brought in Thiago, precisely to get more creativity in midfield. I also do not think Ancelotti will replicate Klopp's style of play. Nothing so far indicates that Ancelotti favors high pressure, counter-pressure, and quick transitions. In fact, none of the clubs that Ancelotti has coached have been known for this.
Ok so Firmino is slightly different to DCL, but let’s not try and make out he plays in midfield

And why you’re right about Ancelotti’s style compared to klopp, players will force you to change systems & styles
He played 442 for the majority of last season and he did at Napoli. Buying James has change that. Also Richarlison is our best player and while he’s a Very hard worker For team, we can’t have him dropping deep all the Time into his own half, Which he will be forced to do if we bring in a number 10. needs to stay up the pitch and close to DCL.

Ancelotti has had one window, I’m sure after a few more and he can buy the players he wants, we will hopefully see his team start to come together

Ok so Firmino is slightly different to DCL, but let’s not try and make out he plays in midfield

And why you’re right about Ancelotti’s style compared to klopp, players will force you to change systems & styles
He played 442 for the majority of last season and he did at Napoli. Buying James has change that. Also Richarlison is our best player and while he’s a Very hard worker For team, we can’t have him dropping deep all the Time into his own half, Which he will be forced to do if we bring in a number 10. needs to stay up the pitch and close to DCL.

Ancelotti has had one window, I’m sure after a few more and he can buy the players he wants, we will hopefully see his team start to come together

But if the rumors are true that we are linked to players like Isco and Fabian Ruiz, then it indicates that Ancelotti thinks we lack creativity in midfield.

But if the rumors are true that we are linked to players like Isco and Fabian Ruiz, then it indicates that Ancelotti thinks we lack creativity in midfield.
We absolutely do btw. Gomes is good at keeping hold of the ball and recycling possession, I think he’s a good player to have, but he’s not creative.

Allan and Doucoure are the legs.

The less said about Gylfi, Davies and Delph, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.