Transfer Rumour ISCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need pace yes, but we desperately need a creative passer in midfielder too. I said before the season started it looked like all we would be able to was pass the ball out wide every time we get it and put endless crosses into the box, because there's no creativity in the middle. And that's exactly what we do. Every game is the same, we offer nothing down the middle at all, it needs to be addressed somehow, and if we're sticking with this formation it needs to be bringing someone in because the players we have aren't capable of it. Gomes and Sigurdsson haven't even been competent at keeping the ball moving, nevermind playing incisive balls forward. For all his faults, Iwobi is the one who's looked most promising in that regard.
Yeah I totally agree but my worry is bringing in an expensive player when we have two that should be doing the job, if we can offload one of them then crack on. I cant believe Iwobi looks better than both Siggy and Gomes but its just because he has some pace and tries to at least go forward. I watched the other day and simply could not believe how much we pass back and sideways. How is DCL ever going to score another goal?

Yeah I totally agree but my worry is bringing in an expensive player when we have two that should be doing the job, if we can offload one of them then crack on. I cant believe Iwobi looks better than both Siggy and Gomes but its just because he has some pace and tries to at least go forward. I watched the other day and simply could not believe how much we pass back and sideways. How is DCL ever going to score another goal?

Siggy syndrome.

Too be fair we were creaming our kecks when we knew we were bringing Gomes in, going on about how boss he was at Valencia and how he was just having a bad time at Bara because of the way he was being treated (a bit like Isco at Madrid) etc.

Gomes did get voted the worst ever Barcelona, which has to be an overreaction, but spreaks for how bad he actually was for them!

I could be wrong. I’ve never actually seen him play but man do I have an opinion.

I’m just not sure from the very little I have actually seen that is what could hel us at the moment.

I love Isco and I would never say no to him because his first touch is something of beauty but the need for someone who runs in behind rather than wants the ball to his feet is needed desperately.

Isco in midfield with Gbamin and Allan could be truly wonderful.

Ancelotti loves a baller in his midfield, always has done, that’s why I could see this one happening to nail down that third midfield role that Gomes and Siggurdson can’t make work. If the deal is structured effectively we could get him on loan and sell Sigurdsson in January or the summer and help balance the books as well as increasing the quality of the real massively.

Like James, people shouldn’t underestimate how good Isco is because he’s out of favour at Madrid, he’d be the best midfielder in our team by a mile.

Ancelotti loves a baller in his midfield, always has done, that’s why I could see this one happening to nail down that third midfield role that Gomes and Siggurdson can’t make work. If the deal is structured effectively we could get him on loan and sell Sigurdsson in January or the summer and help balance the books as well as increasing the quality of the real massively.

Like James, people shouldn’t underestimate how good Isco is because he’s out of favour at Madrid, he’d be the best midfielder in our team by a mile.

Yes agree sir only concern is again a lack of pace and him looking like he has a bit of timber put on.

If he can smash the gym and have himself physically in better shape come January then he would certainly make sense.

Isco on loan, a back up forward like Milik or King on the cheap would do for me if funds are tight until the summer when we likely sell Kean for a decent sum or sadly Richarlison.

If we get this lad and he gets anywhere near the form he's had before, at his best, then he's different level.

Exactly the kind of player we need, to get to where we want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.