Is this the worst year ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technically not by a long shot.

But I’ve never been so incredibly angry at Everton as a whole. When you haven’t got a pot to piss in, I can accept us being a bit crap. What I can’t accept is us making balls up after balls up when we’re supposedly minted; making dire signings, appointing an absolute stain of a manager like Sam, half the players being a waste of space and/or detestable, I could go on.

For expectations yes worst season, began with us expecting to try challenge Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal.
Except we are below Bournemouth and Burnley fighting off West Ham, Newcastle etc.

Yes it is, when you compare squads and money spent. This is our worse season, even thought we been relegated twice and almost relegation twice. In the 4 seasons we didn’t have squads as good as this or spent the same amount of money in comparison as this.
This team has no identity, no spirit, no style of play. A few players who don’t give a

The problem starts at the top. Who is attually in charge of our club? Who runs the club on a daily basis.

Put it this way...How many people on this forum think that they could do a better job if they were given the squad we had last May...plus £200m to spend? Yeah, me too

Probably easier to ask who couldn't!!

It’s all been downhill since Crystal Palace beat us at Goodison in the closing games of the 2013/14 season. We should have got CL that season, but the utter cowards did a bottle job in the final 5 games. Worst period I’ve ever had following Everton.

Yes that is the point from which almost nothing has gone right since.

That’s four years now so obviously no blip. Surely this is enough of a learning curve for Moshiri in terms of what he knows does not work and will not work in the future.

It feels to me at present that we are the worst we can be without being relegated, all things considered.

Assuming we stay up and then carried this shambles into next season, we would go down I think.

I think another season of this and whatever is left of morale just gets sucked away bit by bit and that gets very ugly.

It’s all on Moshiri now. If he fails to act in the summer and gets the next appointment wrong then I truly fear the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.