Is the Championship that bad?

From a day to day footballing perspective, it's not that bad if you're a stable club like Leicester or Leeds this season.

But we'd get relegated again...if we stay in business with all our debt.

Is the Championship that bad?

I guess we are going to find out...
For us it would be a very slippery slope. Imagine this lot of players in the championship, they would get kicked of the field. From a financial point we cant even make the figures add up in the cash cow that is the premier league. The club will be on a journey to the national leagues if we go down. Oldham style i would predict and i do not say that tongue in cheek.

For us it would be a very slippery slope. Imagine this lot of players in the championship, they would get kicked of the field. From a financial point we cant even make the figures add up in the cash cow that is the premier league. The club will be on a journey to the national leagues if we go down. Oldham style i would predict and i do not say that tongue in cheek.
Yes, so please close this thread. Pointless and obvious answer.

We will be on a hiding to nothing and will be classed as a big scalp everytime a club won v us. Some of the teams ive watched, though no where near as much this season due to Points deduction taking over my thoughts, have gone none stop attacking. I just cant see us doing that. Even though teams that struggle in the prem seem to take the championship by storm, i have the feeling we would be the oppossite if the worst happened, and maybe find the Championship harder than the prem League, as we wont get time the way we take an age to move from one end of the pitch to the other

If we go down, please do not be stupid enough to think we would come straight back up. The one thing we have as a club that is still worth fighting for is our record in the top flight, please do not consider throwing that away to be a good thing.

It would be the most shameful thing to happen to Everton in several decades and this manager and team would get relegated from that league too.

We have only ever played twice outside the top flight .... 1950/51 last relegation ..... we came back up in 1953/54 ... Liverpool went down that season too - they spent 8 years down there ...
Since the RS got promoted to the top league they have never finished outside the top 8.

The amount of secret joy so many Evertonians will have when we go down is quite scary, they seem to be wishing it season on season, so they can finally say they were right.
They must be gutted when we stay up every year and look forward to wheeling out the ‘we are definitely getting relegated’ phrase around Easter. The truth is we won’t go down, and we won’t next season either, or the one after that.

I agree with you, the club need to act, the trajectory is downwards and if the do that it will continue to be downwards.

If Dyche stays I think we go down, people will say we can`t afford to sack him, we sure as hell can not afford to keep him...

Relegation is coming, either this season or next. Modern football is horrific, with VAR actually ruining most matches. The Championship, with loads more games and no VAR, is a competitive league that would be a throwback to how footy used to be. Leeds and Leicester fans have said how much they've enjoyed this season.

Just a thought for those currently in the deepest pits of despair.
Well they have been winning most weeks and have been in the top few spots all season. Next season when they are in the prem getting spanked every other week they won`t be enjoying it.

The only reason I can see for Everton remaining in the PL nowadays is for the pleasure of playing the ‘big 6’ twice a season , we are never going to challenge for the title again , or even qualify for the Champions league under the current set up.
Our collective fear of dropping out of PL has contributed to poor appointments and aversion to any risk , and taking a risk is necessary to achieve success.
We are already a second rate club and have been for 3 decades.
We overemphasise our continued presence in the top league as if it is a success in itself . This is the small time thinking of a second rate club.
If we are truly unable to survive relegation, as some assert , then we are effectively done as club. In which case it’s time to wrap the club up and start again with a club that aims to be the best it can be not just survive.