Votes: 418 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 107 18.7%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 47 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Not saying that at all. I just don't buy into the argument that once we get the stadium all our troubles will automatically fade away. It could go either way. Lots of teams struggle when they move.

Nobody has said our troubles will automatically fade away.

However building one will likely have infinitely more of an impact on the future of the club than signing a striker in a transfer window.

In the long term we'll all be dead.
And as I am further along the conveyor belt than most buggers round these parts, short termism works for me :dance:

FWIW......I don't care if EFC is in the Championship forty years from now.

I just want to see some silverware before I go to meet my ancestors :pint2:

With that outlook I question why you don't just go and support City or somebody similar.

I came across the clip below in another context somewhere else, but realized that this is what we are really looking for from Moshiri. If the Mosh wants to step up like this, he might. Someday. However, it takes a lot of bottle and even more money to pull this off against the kinds of resources you're up against at the highest level of international football, and that's what we're talking about here. You can't make this offer until you have the bank to do it. Bill likely had the bottle, but he knew he didn't have the money. With some additional funds, perhaps. Someday.

With that said, it's showtime. Oh - @Walken

"I lose eighty, I get another eighty..."

What's your point? You'd rather sacrifice long term growth & development for short term success? Because that's worked out for many clubs before hasn't it..
Seem to remember Leeds and Villa taking that route.
David o Learys autobiography tells some very revealing stories about Risdale and how flippant he was with money.
The signing of Seth Johnston in particular showed how bad he was
On a smaller scale Shelbourne FC in Ireland went from League champions to second division strugglers without a group because they chased champion league group stages.
They were 1 match away from achieving it ( versus Deportivo ) but failed and it all collapsed
Be careful what you wish for.

Status
Not open for further replies.