Is it time to panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panic? Probably not. If we don't get at least four points total from what are shaping up to be relegation six-pointers with Southampton and Norwich on either side of the international break, it would then be time to panic.

We probably wouldn't be bottom on Christmas even if we drop those points because Watford would have to actually beat someone to get out of the cellar (and beating us on Tuesday would not count). But it would be easy to be staring up at a very large gap between us and safety come Christmas if we let those two teams have the points, given what's coming our way in December.

Words have power - so change the words. Call it 'take action' or 'stop the rot'

10 pts from 10 games isn't just unlucky / blame it on VAR - Its a trend...Its not quite a 'death spiral' but its a good indicator of where you'll be after 38 games = close to the wire.

So is it better to take action with 10 games gone or with 10 games left.
And if anybody says 'with 10 games left' -
Then it IS time to panic, because that section of the fanbase is deluded and thus in the manner of Dirty Harry...
You have to ask yourself do you feel lucky.
Well - do you?

The run we're in is case of self-prophecy by the doomslayers/kneejerkers. This all started in August. Just look at the forum polls. So no, I won't be changing my language any time soon.

The run we're in is case of self-prophecy by the doomslayers/kneejerkers. This all started in August. Just look at the forum polls. So no, I won't be changing my language any time soon.
You don't have to change your language, you stick with talking rubbish, while the rest talk english
self fulfilling prophesy * rolls eyes

Trouble is the 'addressee of the first instance' aka, Mosh, isnt panicing yet, at least not in public which is good.
For all we know there maybe (should 'kin be) moves behind the scenes.
More than likely the lack of a decent candidate is causing any hold up.
Who apart from Pep, Klippity, Simoene and one or two others, would not be a gamble of one sort or another.

I'd go for Bielsa myself, he's a borderline nut job like Klopp, but he's a nutjob with a plan.
Somebody has to come in and say - right, I'm here and from today its all going to change, I don't know what shight's been going on before but all stops NOW, here's what we're going to do.

Bielsa's strength is that he gets his teams super-fit, pre-season, they are then able to play to the tactics he introduces. This wouldn't work mid-season. Everton are not nearly fit enough to play the way he want's to play.

Bielsa's strength is that he gets his teams super-fit, pre-season, they are then able to play to the tactics he introduces. This wouldn't work mid-season. Everton are not nearly fit enough to play the way he want's to play.
I'd take him now just to get started on a different way of playing and let him worry about the fitness in July
Also it will let him know who's worth persevering with

What exactly has Bielsa done that makes anyone think he'd be successful at EFC? Besides get himself fired or run out of town everyplace he's been. He fits the mold there, perfectly.

We won’t get relegated because the league is full of average/crap sides bar the top 7, us included.

However, with the December run of fixtures and our current form, he could take us close.

No. Just that it is still difficult for some of us to accept we have been long demoted from the list of potential top 6 teams. That might cause some to panic, but not in the traditional sense of being in real danger of a relegation scrap, which we are not. Lower middle group might sum us up I suppose. Maybe Silva cannot change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.