Is it time to panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gana leaves we have a problem.

- still need a striker
- lost Zouma
- lost Gana

That’s the spine of the team that needs fixing.

Holgate, Delph, DCL are not the answer unless Moshiri wants to recover some of the Steve Walsh losses.

I suspect what we are seeing in the transfer window is only what we should've expected really. It's the free market in all its glory. The top tier players simply wait for the champions league clubs to come in for them. The second tier and the up and coming young players all now do the same. It's all about maximum wages, to some extent being in London and European competition to maximise their exposure. They are always thinking of their next move after this one. They have a balancing act as if not careful they can end up with the dream club but sitting on the bench instead of playing.

We are still relatively new to fishing in this wild west market. Its full of liars, smokescreen's and unsavoury characters. Look at Arsenal. Weren't they suppose to be skint. Now all of a sudden they are buying Nicolas Pepe for 72 million. We need a reality check. That purchase for Arsenal, if he stays fit and plays to his potential, pretty much guarantees them finishing higher than us.

Until we can find a way to purchase players of real quality we will never break through into the top four, or even six.

It's not time to panic. We just need to understand something. Are we a club satisfied with being around 7th, 8th or 9th every season or are we truly aiming for something higher?

If we really want something higher then maybe you should panic cos without a top striker, midfield enforcer and quality central defensive partnership we are falling short.

I do not want to fall away against the likes of Leicester and Wolves. My increasing despondency is evolving into rising panic. This is because until this morning I had not realised the transfer deadline was before the season started.

I do not want to fall away against the likes of Leicester and Wolves. My increasing despondency is evolving into rising panic. This is because until this morning I had not realised the transfer deadline was before the season started.

That's why Marcel makes the big bucks.

Read a few shouts about Gana being the best DMF we’ve had in the prem era. It’s Joe Parkinson for me, could of gone on to great things had he not got that terrible career ending injury.
The results with Carsley holding in 2004/05, and then post-injury from 2006-08, seem to go overlooked for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.