Is it time to panic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a fans persoectove it looks like we are may be short of funds in this window. Either that or we are in a game of chess plotting the moment to pounce and thus beat our rivals to signatures. I obviously haven't got a scoobies. I can imagine, cos that's all I have, that it's much more difficult than people realise to encourage top talent to come to us. I also recognise the hugely concerning wastage of many players on our books with huge salaries simply not wanted by anybody else. I believe that this may have a bearing on why there is so little movement.

The Zouma thing, if the rumours are true, is disappointing and concerning as we will be relying on Holgate as backup if we don't get anyone else of quality in.

No backup for Seamus as of yet. He's getting on a bit now. I guess Holgate is, again, the backup.

Are we going with DCL. Great news for him if true. However you could argue with the lack of a true goal threat in the centre forward position we can kiss goodbye to any hopes of top six.

We may be relying heavily on Richarlison for goals if we don't capture another quality winger. Will Richarlison be in top shape after playing in the summer! Silva has previously said he wants another winger.

It looks like Gana may be going as why else would they buy Delph. If true it seems like a sideways step. Like putting a bandage over the problem. Davies, Mccarthy and Besic are ordinary. If Gana goes we will miss his defensive protection for sure.

I'm a realist. Due to the incredible wages the club give to our players, even the kids, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have enough to use for the transfers required to get this team up into the top six. Mr Moshiri, as I've mentioned previously, may not be the type to dip into his own pockets anymore after his initial flurry. Also the FFP rules are certainly constricting.

At this present moment I'm hoping what I've wrote above turns out to be far wide of the mark. Maybe a prudent loan or two may help our progression. I'm being negative I know. I suppose I'm a bit concerned due to the rise of our neighbours. I desperately want us to do something this year.

It is never too late to panic but probably to early at the moment, unless you want to get your panic done first and get it out of the way. Once it is out of the way I don't know what you do next. Does anyone know?

It is never too late to panic but probably to early at the moment, unless you want to get your panic done first and get it out of the way. Once it is out of the way I don't know what you do next. Does anyone know?

Widespread panic is usually followed by going to the match and booing when the opposition hit the bar.

From a fans persoectove it looks like we are may be short of funds in this window. Either that or we are in a game of chess plotting the moment to pounce and thus beat our rivals to signatures. I obviously haven't got a scoobies. I can imagine, cos that's all I have, that it's much more difficult than people realise to encourage top talent to come to us. I also recognise the hugely concerning wastage of many players on our books with huge salaries simply not wanted by anybody else. I believe that this may have a bearing on why there is so little movement.

The Zouma thing, if the rumours are true, is disappointing and concerning as we will be relying on Holgate as backup if we don't get anyone else of quality in.

No backup for Seamus as of yet. He's getting on a bit now. I guess Holgate is, again, the backup.

Are we going with DCL. Great news for him if true. However you could argue with the lack of a true goal threat in the centre forward position we can kiss goodbye to any hopes of top six.

We may be relying heavily on Richarlison for goals if we don't capture another quality winger. Will Richarlison be in top shape after playing in the summer! Silva has previously said he wants another winger.

It looks like Gana may be going as why else would they buy Delph. If true it seems like a sideways step. Like putting a bandage over the problem. Davies, Mccarthy and Besic are ordinary. If Gana goes we will miss his defensive protection for sure.

I'm a realist. Due to the incredible wages the club give to our players, even the kids, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have enough to use for the transfers required to get this team up into the top six. Mr Moshiri, as I've mentioned previously, may not be the type to dip into his own pockets anymore after his initial flurry. Also the FFP rules are certainly constricting.

At this present moment I'm hoping what I've wrote above turns out to be far wide of the mark. Maybe a prudent loan or two may help our progression. I'm being negative I know. I suppose I'm a bit concerned due to the rise of our neighbours. I desperately want us to do something this year.
Remember to change your bedsheets.

I have a feeling our transfer window might be defined by Gana's fate after the finals in Africa. That will set the cat amongst the pigeons though Marco and Marcel must be planning for either eventuality.

I'm going for 3 wins out of the opening 6 fixtures and that is pretty crap considering who we've got,

I would'nt be suprised at all if we only won 2.

This thread seems to have died, so I say it is too early to panic unless you enjoy being in a panic, which no doubt some do just to make life a bit more exciting.

i think we are trying for players who do not want to join / we do not wat to overpay etc. Really hope Brands can deliver at least one big signing, that is the attacker that can play across the forward line so also poses a physical presence.

Plenty of time, we’re all about value now so won’t be rushing.

However, I’m predicting apocalyptic levels of fume after the Monaco game...

Status
Not open for further replies.