Interesting read, Moshiri, finances etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Didn't the Iranian say that we have a very narrow window open to us to get close to the PL elite?

Doesn't sound like 10 years to me.

You asked for a timeframe, I gave you 1.

We cant "grow" properly without a new stadium.

Thats gonna take 3+ years, then we are gonna need time to buy off the stadium, so 10 years.

How much time do you think establishing a site, funding, planning and due diligence takes when building a stadium... Along with establishing a squad of players to compete with squads that have been more heavily invested in for years. I reckon more than 6 months.

18 months to fund squad redevelopment and have a stadium scheme at the point where the first spade goes into the ground.

Read it yesterday.

Is it supposed to be impressive?

Corporate side of the club still a midden

OOC still being unaccountably inflated

Stadiums still pie in the sky and being talked about

Long term debt covered by a repayable loan - so more long term debt, in effect

Still borrowing against TV cash

....hurrah, the new order has arrived.

I'd love to see a proposed business plan from you, for running a football club. Or even a SWOT analysis.

Those accounts were like all the years before... on paper. Because moshiri needs time to make changes. He paid off the debt after the year end. We got the new FF deal after year end. We sold a player to pay for many new players.. like almost every year.

Can't judge any change yet. Too soon.

This years accounts were never going to be impressive.

As with Koeman, Moshiri needs time to improve the club from clown hes taking over from.

They'll continue to be unimpressive until our commercial revenue is competitive with the top teams. We will continue posting losses (like we did before the TV deal) because of our increased transfer spending.

I'm just glad the bad debt is gone.

You asked for a timeframe, I gave you 1.

We cant "grow" properly without a new stadium.

Thats gonna take 3+ years, then we are gonna need time to buy off the stadium, so 10 years.

By then the ones we're supposed to catch up with will have doubled their revenue from some source or other and we'll still be miles off.

Only a Maktoum type takeover was going to make the big step forward. Looking 3/4 years down the road to get a few more million from a stadium facility each season isn't making up any significant ground. This feller would literally have to spend his whole fortune on Everton to give us half a chance of competing.

He's here to get a stadium built possibly with the aid of government cash for a Commonwealth Games bid and sell up for a massive profit.

By then the ones we're supposed to catch up with will have doubled their revenue from some source or other and we'll still be miles off.

Only a Maktoum type takeover was going to make the big step forward. Looking 3/4 years down the road to get a few more million from a stadium facility each season isn't making up any significant ground. This feller would literally have to spend his whole fortune on Everton to give us half a chance of competing.

He's here to get a stadium built possibly with the aid of government cash for a Commonwealth Games bid and sell up for a massive profit.

You have no idea what your even talking about.

The fact that you dismiss a new stadium with these words "Looking 3/4 years down the road to get a few more million from a stadium facility each season isn't making up any significant ground" means that I can no longer converse with you.

In case you missed it, heres the bit you are dismissing.

Everton’s match day revenue of £18 million will continue to lag behind the top six clubs: Manchester United £107 million, Arsenal £100 million, Chelsea £70 million, Liverpool £59 million, Manchester City £53 million and Tottenham £41 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.