Interesting piece on sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

anchorman9

Player Valuation: £225k
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_4040704,00.html

Click the video on the right hand side. The crux seems to be that we've possibly aimed too high this summer with our targets, and for one reason or another things have gone wrong.

It looks like players and agents have said yes one day, then no the next, leaving Moyes very frustrated.

Still, you've gotta close deals quickly - get the lad(s) to sign on the dotted line.

Moutinho and M'Bia have both said they'd join us so he's talking bollocks there. Some players have rejected us but that happens.

It's our inibility to do transfers and the fact the clubs like Rennes and Sporting are reluctant to sell. If we meet the right price tags we'll get the players, simple as really. If we piss about and offer 12 million for a 20 million pound player we'll be rejected.

I'm not so sure that Moutinho and M'Bia are as keen as we would like to think.

For a start, M'Bia could quite realistically be looking to either get a better contract at Rennes, or a transfer to Arsenal - unfortunately I don't believe that he would favour us over them - most French speaking players would love to join Arsenal - he just wants them to offer more in the wage packet.

Moutinho was probably sold the concept of a new stadium (albeit being pretty average in design!) and at one point he may well have been thinking of joining us - and he was quoted in saying so - however, it's also possible that he's changed his mind - he seems pretty comfortable back at Sporting. Still it's all conjecture really unless the club tell us otherwise, which I'm not sure they ever will.

Moutinho and M'Bia have both said they'd join us so he's talking bollocks there. Some players have rejected us but that happens.

It's our inibility to do transfers and the fact the clubs like Rennes and Sporting are reluctant to sell. If we meet the right price tags we'll get the players, simple as really. If we piss about and offer 12 million for a 20 million pound player we'll be rejected.

'You've gotta haggle. Ten for that you must be mad'

I'm not so sure that Moutinho and M'Bia are as keen as we would like to think.

For a start, M'Bia could quite realistically be looking to either get a better contract at Rennes, or a transfer to Arsenal - unfortunately I don't believe that he would favour us over them - most French speaking players would love to join Arsenal - he just wants them to offer more in the wage packet.

Moutinho was probably sold the concept of a new stadium (albeit being pretty average in design!) and at one point he may well have been thinking of joining us - and he was quoted in saying so - however, it's also possible that he's changed his mind - he seems pretty comfortable back at Sporting. Still it's all conjecture really unless the club tell us otherwise, which I'm not sure they ever will.

Moutinho wouldn't have been bothered by the Stadium. He said he wanted to leave, Sporting put a price tag on his head and we've failed to match that price tag. That's why we haven't got him, we offered stupid bids like 12 million.

M'Bia has been saying for a while now he wants to join us, well before Arsenal where supposedly interested. Nothing has happened.

I do hope it's just a case of raising the bid with Moutinho - I think he's worth the big price of 16-20m. Hopefully Moyes and the board feel the same and the player interested.

As for M'Bia, I get the impression we're being used by him to alert other clubs. Hopefully I'm wrong, and he really is just very keen to come.

Realistically... statistically have we ever talked about two players in greater detail than Moutinho and Mbia??

Im getting abit sick of them truth be told.

i can see where he's coming from to be honest.

yes,we are a special club,but to the top players we aren't any more attractive than bolton or blackburn.

although moutinho has just been an issue with the amount to pay,and m'bia wants to come to the club (albeit seeing us as a podium to bigger clubs)

i can see where he's coming from to be honest.

yes,we are a special club,but to the top players we aren't any more attractive than bolton or blackburn.

although moutinho has just been an issue with the amount to pay,and m'bia wants to come to the club (albeit seeing us as a podium to bigger clubs)

Thats a good point and your right we're a special club but only to us blues although we're bigger and better supported than Bolton and Blackburn. We're not fashionable enough with the press and these spoilt bastards wont get the same attention with us that they might get with the so called glamour teams. From the outside we look like we're going round players begging them to come here.

Whos Joe Lovejoy? What does he know...............

That means you have got to get in top-quality players. Unfortunately though, the players he's looking for to get into that top for don't fancy Everton, they have more attractive alternatives. It's very difficult for him.

"I asked David Moyes that point specifically: is the problem a financial one? And he said no, we've got the money, we'll pay the transfer fees, we'll pay the wages.

"But if you're playing for a top club abroad, a Barcelona or a Milan, why on earth would you want to go to Everton? No offence to dear old Everton, but what's the attraction?"

Hes talking utter crap, we aint trying to steal Barca or Milans players, we trying to steal Rennes and Sporting players.

Really pisses me off, these ******** journos get paid to spout utter bullcrap week and week out and they know nothing, precisely ZERO.

Our targets have all said they will come, Tiago apart and god knows who thinks hes a top player cos i dnt. So its not a case of we cant ATTRACT top players, we simply cant afford them, there is a MAJOR difference.

Whos Joe Lovejoy? What does he know...............

That means you have got to get in top-quality players. Unfortunately though, the players he's looking for to get into that top for don't fancy Everton, they have more attractive alternatives. It's very difficult for him.

"I asked David Moyes that point specifically: is the problem a financial one? And he said no, we've got the money, we'll pay the transfer fees, we'll pay the wages.

"But if you're playing for a top club abroad, a Barcelona or a Milan, why on earth would you want to go to Everton? No offence to dear old Everton, but what's the attraction?"

Hes talking utter crap, we aint trying to steal Barca or Milans players, we trying to steal Rennes and Sporting players.

Really pisses me off, these ******** journos get paid to spout utter bullcrap week and week out and they know nothing, precisely ZERO.

Our targets have all said they will come, Tiago apart and god knows who thinks hes a top player cos i dnt. So its not a case of we cant ATTRACT top players, we simply cant afford them, there is a MAJOR difference.

No, thats just what you want to believe. You anxiety ridden melt.

Status
Not open for further replies.