Injury updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
......you can be innovative, other clubs are way ahead of us for doing things different. I've just quoted the Cisse example. Can't say too much, but I do have an insight.

Pretty sure bones heal as good as new though.

No they're not.

You're comparing apples and pears.

...I'm not comparing different types of injuries when I say our rehabilitation record is poor. It is. We sacked Rathbone because Jagielka and Neville were out twice as long as they should've been. It's not about the physio, its about the strategy.

...I'm not comparing different types of injuries when I say our rehabilitation record is poor. It is. We sacked Rathbone because Jagielka and Neville were out twice as long as they should've been. It's not about the physio, its about the strategy.

It's not about the physio, yet he was sacked.

What strategy is it? Beer and crisps in the Winslow until it 'feels a bit better'?

No it really isn't.

West Ham and Andy Carroll? Before that Dean Ashton.

Can reel off names.

Your perception is well off.

...you can pick examples elsewhere, of course you can, but I understand there are recovery stats and ours aren't very good. For some reason our players are regularly out for longer than expected. Its not often we get a nice surprise with one coming back early.

It's not about the physio, yet he was sacked.

What strategy is it? Beer and crisps in the Winslow until it 'feels a bit better'?

...as I said, the strategy should come from the Club Doctor. Rathbone was sacked but the medical authority should be above him. Can't say too much more.

...you can pick examples elsewhere, of course you can, but I understand there are recovery stats and ours aren't very good. For some reason our players are regularly out for longer than expected. Its not often we get a nice surprise with one coming back early.

Nonsense. Ours are amongst the best. You also cannot recall one Everton player of modern times who had to quit due to injury.

http://www.globalsoccertransfers.co.uk/retired.htm

You've already tried to compare a bone fracture to a knee injury on here. As I said before apples and pears.

Its a very distorted view you have no basis in reality.

...as I said, the strategy should come from the Club Doctor. Rathbone was sacked but the medical authority should be above him. Can't say too much more.

So you are saying the club doctor should be sacked. Is that what you are saying?

Perhaps they should put you in charge?

Medicine/Rehab is not, surprisingly, an exact science. The sports world is littered with stories of players who have tried different approaches than had been prescribed by club staff, and have had better results.

Tony Adams and Mike Atherton spring to mind.

Then there is that German knee surgeon who seemed to use witchcraft to mend some players. Cant recall his name.

I know a few guys down here who work in the Rugby world. They are always looking at different methods and treatments that both get players back quicker, but also aim to prolong careers.

Rathbone was let go as he failed to identify a ligament tear in a player on the pitch.

Very different reason to what your claiming.

You're saying that our players are coming back late. Theyre not. Theyre not just being thrown or rushed back to potentially be reinjured and have to quit. Thats ethical.

Kone has had complications in his knee surgery. That happens.

The club doctor does not perform the surgery. He advises the clubs which consultants to use and helps design the rehab after surgery.

Kone had an interuption due to issues after surgery. These things can happen. Surgery is never risk free

Medicine/Rehab is not, surprisingly, an exact science. The sports world is littered with stories of players who have tried different approaches than had been prescribed by club staff, and have had better results.

Tony Adams and Mike Atherton spring to mind.

Then there is that German knee surgeon who seemed to use witchcraft to mend some players. Cant recall his name.

I know a few guys down here who work in the Rugby world. They are always looking at different methods and treatments that both get players back quicker, but also aim to prolong careers.

Horse urine ? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.