injury list

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the saying ... "Distance lends enchanctment" or something ?
A fit Funes Mori is half decent, but no more than that.

He's not a top player by any means, but genuinely look at our options and ask yourself who would be our best option to play left centre back. Jags is a right centre back. Williams plays left but is gash. Funes Mori is half decent and offers an attacking threat. Think I'm being wholly realistic.

He's not a top player by any means, but genuinely look at our options and ask yourself who would be our best option to play left centre back. Jags is a right centre back. Williams plays left but is gash. Funes Mori is half decent and offers an attacking threat. Think I'm being wholly realistic.

I have Williams and Funes Mori about equal mate. Funes Mori might improve though and could chip with the odd goal if Siggy delivers a half decent set piece, but it's a bit like having to choose between the last two Roses left in the tin, they're both gash, but one might take out a filling.

Bolasie ought to be match fit for the post-Christmas games I think. Maybe a surprise selection against the RS on 5th Jan? By then he'll have had hopefully one or two 90 minute games under his belt in the 23s.

In July, the Echo (I know, I know) reported that Mori is set to miss most of this season, With no mention of him whatsoever from anybody at the club I assume this is likely to be true.

Baines was not mentioned all weekend and the initial rumour was a six-week absence. Typical... so again he ought to be looking at the FA Cup game as his return, hopefully sooner. Chelsea on 23rd December gives him just under 2 weeks if it's not as bad as first thought, but this is Everton, so he'll probably be out all season.

McCarthy nobody knows. He alway appears to be a week away from fitness, and then not heard of for months. Could return at any time, but probably won't.

Barkley. Koeman said he wasn't far off before he was sacked, but I assume he's fit now but a transfer has been agreed and so we won't see him in a Blue shirt again.

Coleman has been training for a number of weeks (alongside Bolasie) and must be there or thereabouts now. Hopefully he'll be back in the squad for January.

Keane, is he fit? Injured? Rested? Rubbish? Answers on a postcard! Same with Besic.

Just the 8 players out then at present.

By the way, the u23s only have 3 games between now and 03 January, so we might have to sort some behind closed doors games to get Coleman and Bolasie fully fit and ready.

With this in mind, and seeing how Garbutt has been banished and Martina simply cannot play left back against any half decent side, a left back must be signed in January. It's the perfect time to get Baines' long-term replacement in.

Get a centre back in as we cannot rely on Keane, who hasn't settled at all, or the pensioners in Williams and Jagielka. Having only those three plus Holgate is nowhere near good enough, especially since at least one of Williams/Jagielka must surely be off end of season.

And obviously, a striker is a must. Giroud was told he needs to leave Arsenal to get in the France squad. I don't care if he rejected us, get after him again.

Bolasie ought to be match fit for the post-Christmas games I think. Maybe a surprise selection against the RS on 5th Jan? By then he'll have had hopefully one or two 90 minute games under his belt in the 23s.

In July, the Echo (I know, I know) reported that Mori is set to miss most of this season, With no mention of him whatsoever from anybody at the club I assume this is likely to be true.

Baines was not mentioned all weekend and the initial rumour was a six-week absence. Typical... so again he ought to be looking at the FA Cup game as his return, hopefully sooner. Chelsea on 23rd December gives him just under 2 weeks if it's not as bad as first thought, but this is Everton, so he'll probably be out all season.

McCarthy nobody knows. He alway appears to be a week away from fitness, and then not heard of for months. Could return at any time, but probably won't.

Barkley. Koeman said he wasn't far off before he was sacked, but I assume he's fit now but a transfer has been agreed and so we won't see him in a Blue shirt again.

Coleman has been training for a number of weeks (alongside Bolasie) and must be there or thereabouts now. Hopefully he'll be back in the squad for January.

Keane, is he fit? Injured? Rested? Rubbish? Answers on a postcard! Same with Besic.

By the way, the u23s only have 3 games between now and 03 January, so we might have to sort some behind closed doors games to get Coleman and Bolasie fully fit and ready.

With this in mind, and seeing how Garbutt has been banished and Martina simply cannot play left back against any half decent side, a left back must be signed in January. It's the perfect time to get Baines' long-term replacement in.

Get a centre back in as we cannot rely on Keane, who hasn't settled at all, or the pensioners in Williams and Jagielka. Having only those three plus Holgate is nowhere near good enough, especially since at least one of Williams/Jagielka must surely be off end of season.

And obviously, a striker is a must. Giroud was told he needs to leave Arsenal to get in the France squad. I don't care if he rejected us, get after him again.
Thanks mate. Looking forward to some returning. Be like new signings!

Garbutt not banished mate, Koeman never registered him to play (because he was an idiot). He'll be added to the premierleague squad in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.