Illegal Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I proper hope we wipe the floor with Utd whenever we play them the season ahead, cmon Roberto lad do me proud!

Unless you're pulling in £3.5m per year and built up a reputation of fostering/demanding loyalty from people who worked under you then your post isn't that relevant.

He may have acted *prudently* for his own means, but ethically he stunk the place out by running down his contract. I think it's very fair to assume he knew way before March he was getting off. The very least he could do is hand his wages back from then until July.

His reputation was built on overachieving with a modest budget. He showed loyalty, saw out his contract as he had signed, and left. The contract he signed from kenwright was followed by assurances of money that were never met. So the post is perfectly relevant. What would not have been honourable, is signing a contract, them 6 months later breaking contract. As regards handing money back, that is of course nonsensical. If kenwright wanted him to leave, he could have ask him to resign, or told him to go. Patently kenwright was happy with the performance of his manager and chose not to. You have not one iota of evidence to suggest moyes knew about anything before march. Some of us of course where warning the moyes seemly endless amount of loyalty to the club could not last forever. That eventually enough would be enough. And he would walk into a top job in world football. Some fundamentally less intelligent people mocked that advice, and used that has evidence of not giving him a contract. Had we have followed my instructions, and got moyes to sign a contract 2 years ago, we would have got compensation. However, we followed people like yours advice. He has gone, and we as left with an ordinary manager brought in to pacify the fans against the chairman. A man who will placate the denser elements of the fanbase (like yourself) who will keep apologising for the board. The sort of fans who will accept 10th in the league to avoid criticising the board over the appointment. I think a little humility is in order, when you are parroting how great our wonderful chairman is, in getting the relegation man and his crew of losers as our new managerial team in. Nil satis nisi relegation.

This has obviously turned into another argue about Moyes thread but the OP's actual question was about Everton and if we'd go after Man U for comp. IMO BK won't want to risk closing down the back-door first option on players Man U no longer wants (Howard, Neville, Gibbo) so he'll keep his mouth shut hoping for a few more of those over the next few years.

This specific question has nothing to do with Moyes really but of course people can't help themselves.

This has obviously turned into another argue about Moyes thread but the OP's actual question was about Everton and if we'd go after Man U for comp. IMO BK won't want to risk closing down the back-door first option on players Man U no longer wants (Howard, Neville, Gibbo) so he'll keep his mouth shut hoping for a few more of those over the next few years.

This specific question has nothing to do with Moyes really but of course people can't help themselves.
The answer is, we have no grand for compensation re moyes and its the boards fault, not moyes. The other members of staff we should recieve compensation for, as they are under contract. It's not a hard argument.

On moyes, i wonder if we made champions league if he would have stayed due to unfinished business?

Or if a billionaire had come in for us....

I think other than those two situations its hard to test his loyalty really.

Love to be some of your birds if you ever split up. "It's been 11 years but I just want to move on so you take the car, house, the lot so I never have to speak about you again"

Love Leighton, not even arsed. He leaves he leaves, he knows he is well loved here, he is a incredible player & deserves trophies.

If he goes to UTD it will say a lot about Martinez ability..

The answer is, we have no grand for compensation re moyes and its the boards fault, not moyes. The other members of staff we should recieve compensation for, as they are under contract. It's not a hard argument.

I guess their contracts are bought out by Everton.

Anyway, in every other work environment, people do sign contracts in advance so when their current contract ended they could secure employment with the same or another employer, unless there is a clause forbidding that. As long as the current employer is informed this would be okay; maybe he would be put on gardening leave or something like that, but generally this does not consist of a "breach" of contract.

Football, and professional sports in general, is one of the few environments which contracts are set at a length that they are expected to be broken or renegotiated well before their sell-by date. I would be tempted to say the deprivation of labour rights of footballers is much worse than the loss of transfer fees.

It is all difficult. I imagine moyes told kenwright, and kenwright gave his blessing, otherwise why would he not take action. In defence of kenwright, if moyes told him he wanted to join Manchester United, he had taken Everton as far as he could, what more could anyone do?

Moyes must have known a long time before his summons round to Fergies place.Moyes version of events sounds very doubtful, and a bit like a story concocted to avoid SAF,ManU and Moyes looking bad. Moyes could not wait ,and was prepared(homework wise) in advance to go to OT. Hence the factual dinner witjh SAF and Giggs. The minute Moyes/Fergie announced him as ManU manager he should have had his keys taken off him, not been allwed back into GP, and had his stuff sent to him.Bills 'mistake' was not doing that.

Moyes must have known a long time before his summons round to Fergies place.Moyes version of events sounds very doubtful, and a bit like a story concocted to avoid SAF,ManU and Moyes looking bad. Moyes could not wait ,and was prepared(homework wise) in advance to go to OT. Hence the factual dinner witjh SAF and Giggs. The minute Moyes/Fergie announced him as ManU manager he should have had his keys taken off him, not been allwed back into GP, and had his stuff sent to him.Bills 'mistake' was not doing that.

Who would you have had managing Everton after he'd been sent packing then, mate?

That screams out plucky old Everton mate, Moyes has changed the perception of us and a lot of fans have gradually bought it. You can be sure Daniel Levy would fight it even if there was a sniff of something irregular.

Get over it mate, it happens everywhere at every level in the game. Do you really think Martinez hadn't already spoken to Kone's representative before making a bid? Do you think Everton hadn't tapped up Moyes agent while he was at Preston? This is Man Utd we are talking about. You don't say no to being their manager, and we are not plucky old Everton, but a big club desperately in need of serious investment. If I was manager and constantly had to sell my best players in order to buy, then I would get fed up too. Good luck to him, he rebuilt us,,,now lets move onto the next chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.