If you could have a drink with any Everton player...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a chat and a drink with Joe Royle at either Southall’s or Watson’s testimonial dinner in London…it was after a Chelsea game.

I mentioned his Dad playing the piano in the Broadway Pub/Club(my Mum and Dad used to go there years ago)which struck a chord with him and I found him great company.
My impression was he was living the dream being an Everton legend as a player and winning the FA Cup as a manager. I found him to be very down to earth and happy to talk to a lot of “tired and emotional” Evertonians…me included!

I had a chat and a drink with Joe Royle at either Southall’s or Watson’s testimonial dinner in London…it was after a Chelsea game.

I mentioned his Dad playing the piano in the Broadway Pub/Club(my Mum and Dad used to go there years ago)which struck a chord with him and I found him great company.
My impression was he was living the dream being an Everton legend as a player and winning the FA Cup as a manager. I found him to be very down to earth and happy to talk to a lot of “tired and emotional” Evertonians…me included!
I'd also like a drink with Joe, along with Bally he was my hero when I was a kid.

I had a glass of wine with HK. I'd love to have a beer with Sheeds.
Have had lunch with him, a drink in a large group and then the day of Fulham game the other week he came and met 7 of us in Mc Cartneys bar for a few beers. He even bought us a round before he left. Top fella.

Even got the wife to drive me, Sheedy and Joe Miller (Ex Celtic player) over to their hotel to drop them off after an event and night of drinking in her 20 odd year old Toyota Yaris.

Back in the day I used to drink around Formby and Southport, Kendall and quite a lot of the players were regulars in the pubs and clubs. Most of them liked a drink back then.
Crown in Birkdale and The Conservatory in town most Saturday evenings, happy days.

Also played Gary Lineker once in Diamonds Snooker Hall owned by Les Dodds was in with Tricky and Lawrenson. Got to table 3 times, one of those was the break lol. He was very humble, I was like an open mouthed fan boy lol.

Andy Van Der Meyde or Drenthe, I'm here for a good time, not a long time.

I haven't read the previous pages but can only assume I'm the 90th person to make this joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.