If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want him for the obvious reasons that most wouldn't.

But this is the main reasonable response to any shouts for him. We are in a mess and the fanbase are miserable and arguing, and people think it's a good idea to get a manager in that the majority of the fanbase wouldn't start from the off and that 90% would be abusing as soon as we inevitably had a crap run.

Please stop and think
I see where you’re coming from, just would it work in reality?

I would get rid of as much dead wood as possible at the end of the season then invest in a top class manager but I don't no who.
I'll also admit though when we appointed koeman I thought he was that top class manager we were after to take us to the top so it's extremely hard.
How would you do it?

The squad side of things it seems complicated. It's not impossible that players like Bolasie Schneiderlin and Sandro stay on the books until their contracts are up. Nobody will pay the same wage, the players won't take a paucity and I doubt we will pay up contracts. So we could still be either hamstrung by the deadwood and change very little or really playing the market all summer waiting to move out some before getting these younger low wage/high fee players in.

I don't think we will be generating the money to splurge on a top manager and I don't think we will have the funds to get players a top manager wants....so the Sack Him and get a TOP manager shouts are a bit frustrating. I don't see the reasoning behind how we can do that.

For me we have patience with the changing of the squad and continue with a progressive, non-percentage football, manager. That's who Silva was supposed to be but its not going very well. If we have to sack we don't do it before summer and only when we are sure we have somebody of that profile ready to step in.

No short term options to calm some fans nerves and no expensive demanding managers that might mess up even further long term for the gamble of short term gain.

We continue steadily under the DOF model building something and selecting coaches that fit the remit.

iMO

Ok. I see where you’re coming from and don’t necessarily disagree, however you may get flak for this.

Also, we need a manager to unite the fan base, and Benitez will do the opposite from the very beginning. We don’t need that right now.

Do you think we could find such a manager?

Conte Wenger Mourinho Heynkes LVG all available (whether they’d be interested is another question of course). But that is the level we should be targeting if we fire Silva. There is absolutely zero point in getting rid of Silva and replacing him with another mid table loser. We seem obsessed with this idea of finding the next Pochettino and so don’t target proven quality in the hope we unearth one. Martinez Koeman Allardyce and Silva should never have been offered the job of manager considering the position Moyes had us in. None had the experience of taking a team in the top 5 and moving it to the next level. City managed this with Mancini then Pellegrini. Whilst since that Newcastle have targeted Benitez, West Ham Pellegrini, Leeds Bielsa, we went for Martinez Koeman and Silva. We have zero ambition and allied to an absolutely incompetent footballing operation it’s produced a sinking ship of a football team.

I think your issue is working under a DOF though. Clearly they want Brands to be a dominant figure. I don't believe any of the names mentioned above would accept that.

I also think, and I mean this politely, we have any chance of getting any of the above managers. Possibly Heynkes. The rest no chance. A big part of the problem we currently have is there seems a wholly unrealistic expectation of who we could attract.

We have currently got the manager of Preston, the manager of (relegated Wigan), Southamptons manager, Sam Allardyce and Watfords ex manager. By all accounts there will be belt tightening going on, for a squad that is a lower mid table squad with very little fight and profrssionalism and a club who don't give managers time. Why are we suddenly going to get people who managed Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester united?

Status
Not open for further replies.