If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But hang on Tim - half of the fanbase hate him for how he left/acted after. Pretty sure @Connor still does (not that C is one of the ones who's a cry arse like).

I don't take into account the views of people who resent a player who left on deadline day because Bill needed money to appease the banks.

It's a bit like those who still resented Rooney for leaving in about 2014. Not worth mentioning.

But hang on Tim - half of the fanbase hate him for how he left/acted after. Pretty sure @Connor still does (not that C is one of the ones who's a cry arse like).
I don't take into account the views of people who resent a player who left on deadline day because Bill needed money to appease the banks.

It's a bit like those who still resented Rooney for leaving in about 2014. Not worth mentioning.

Listen lads, if youse wanna take it outside, we'll take it outside

How come we never ever get anyone who springs a surprise result or two? What is it about our club that's so hopelessly inept and accepting of utter mediocrity?! Even awful teams win the odd big game, we haven't won one in three years. That has to be endemic from the top down. Get a manager who isn't scared of anyone.
Seriously, do you really need to ask that question? it's been that way for 20 years mate and still will be aslong as BK is still hanging around in the background

Okay great
You asked who would take it. He would and so would many others. I am not into hiring and firing but why entrust this man with more time and money when he plainly can't get a tune out of a team?? I want to build for the long term but what's he building towards?

You're absolutely right. That's why it has to be Arteta as our next manager.
Arteta would not unite the fans. Many regard him as just another in a long line of rats for one thing.Others are extremely dubious concerning his utter lack of experience.
To be honest I don’t think there is a coach out there who could unite us , we have become an increasingly disgruntled and fractious group over recent years and it looks set to continue,

Tbf my issue with him is him scoring a penalty in the fa cup against us and running off kissing the arsenal badge about 10 minutes after he joined them. Don't remember him doing that when he was at us.

Tbf my issue with him is him scoring a penalty in the fa cup against us and running off kissing the arsenal badge about 10 minutes after he joined them. Don't remember him doing that when he was at us.

I'm glad he celebrated after he scored. I hate that nonsense of showing respect. Show respect to your current fans by at least acting like you are glad you scored.

Arteta would not unite the fans. Many regard him as just another in a long line of rats for one thing.Others are extremely dubious concerning his utter lack of experience.
To be honest I don’t think there is a coach out there who could unite us , we have become an increasingly disgruntled and fractious group over recent years and it looks set to continue,
How was he a Rat. He was at the end of his career when he went to Arsenal. I would give Arteta a shot but I would personally go with someone proven.

Anyone who is still angry at Arteta needs to seriously grow up. It's embarrassing.

You asked who would take it. He would and so would many others. I am not into hiring and firing but why entrust this man with more time and money when he plainly can't get a tune out of a team?? I want to build for the long term but what's he building towards?

I don't think any manager that we want to be here long-term is going to take the job right now.

Ok so my longer post above. I put the same question to you. How would you manage it?
I would get rid of as much dead wood as possible at the end of the season then invest in a top class manager but I don't no who.
I'll also admit though when we appointed koeman I thought he was that top class manager we were after to take us to the top so it's extremely hard.
How would you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.