If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arteta has zero management experience, Zero!

We need an Ex Everton legend who understands the club and will not stand for anything less than 100%.

Years ago we had a few ex players with plenty of experience who we could recruit but not anymore. I mean how did Ready never manage us...

Can't think of one though!

The way Man Utd have utilised Solskaer (not sure of spelling) is a shrewd move many initially scoffed at. He understands the club though and has a a good personality that bonds well with supporters.

Our coach quietly mumbles broken English in press conferences and if we are lucky we may get a slight smile. Can't imagine him to be dynamic in that dressing room, can you?

It's sad we can only look to Arteta as an ex legend as not only does he have zero experience he probably wouldn't even be interested in coming to Everton. He never struck me as being particularly loyal. In fact I remember being told by an employee of the club that he preferred to travel seperately to the team! Probably bullsh*t but there you go.

No more getting in unproven Managers. If they haven't consistently won or achieved anything of note at a high level then they are no good for a club that has aspirations to be fighting to win the league in a few years time. I get it when people say that top Managers wouldn't want to come to a mediocre club like us but it all comes down to money at the end of the day and if you pay the bucks then they will come. We act like a mediocre club and have spent so much money in divorces and settlements the past couple of years that we could have been paying a top Manager with top bucks and still not spent as much as we have.

The club needs to do a proper reset, not a half assed one like last year and rethink its whole strategy and i would suggest that any strategy takes Kenwright and Moshiri out of the decision making as we might then have a chance of moving forwards instead of backwards.

Mancini or Conte.

Schelotto or Fonseca.

Someone or Mourinho.

There's many, many options for a determined board. However we will have Silva in charge at the start of the 2019/20 season.

Arteta has zero management experience, Zero!

We need an Ex Everton legend who understands the club and will not stand for anything less than 100%.

Years ago we had a few ex players with plenty of experience who we could recruit but not anymore. I mean how did Ready never manage us...

Can't think of one though!

The way Man Utd have utilised Solskaer (not sure of spelling) is a shrewd move many initially scoffed at. He understands the club though and has a a good personality that bonds well with supporters.

Our coach quietly mumbles broken English in press conferences and if we are lucky we may get a slight smile. Can't imagine him to be dynamic in that dressing room, can you?

It's sad we can only look to Arteta as an ex legend as not only does he have zero experience he probably wouldn't even be interested in coming to Everton. He never struck me as being particularly loyal. In fact I remember being told by an employee of the club that he preferred to travel seperately to the team! Probably bullsh*t but there you go.
Big Dunc also?

I'd like us to peruse Jose Mourinho. We've got nothing to lose, now is the time Everton. If we've got real ambitions at this club we need to go for it. Even if he knocks us back we'd get our name out there and maybe peak the interest of managers who aren't as good as Jose but still better then we could currently attract. Over to the club now, time to show everyone the level of your ambition Everton.

Not into the Arteta thing. SAF had a load of numbers twos who turned out to number twos when they became managers. Of course there are famous examples the other way around. For me, I’d like someone who has cut his teeth elsewhere and shown what their plan and style is.

We would need to be pragmatic.

Appointing some "next big thing" manager based on disputable promise would be too risky, as would some clapped out pair of safe hands looking to coast along for a season or two, would be plain wrong.

We need to cut our cloth to match the root problems at the club without expecting we can make one massive leap under one manager. In my opinion it isn't going to work like that here.

I don't know who that is, but it would have to be someone competent enough not to oversee the sort of slump we are experiencing now, and be seemingly unable to do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.