If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho Wenger Conte Mancini. We should throw money at any of them rather than going for the flavour of the month up and comer. If no one is available and Silva is driving us towards relegation we should get Moyes as interim.

Someone with a footballing CV as good as mine probably. We’ve got to make sure our owner gets a weird man crush on him too.

I've not said I want Howe as manager mate!

But anyway what has Lampard done exactly? Nothing really. He's just a big name. Is he any better than Howe? Still to be seen. Likewise Arteta.

"Proven winners" are unlikely to come to us IMO. Conte especially not. I'd be massively surprised if we could attract someone of his calibre but we can hope.

But if managers didn't get chances at bigger clubs after doing well at smaller clubs then no future managers would develop. Pochettino from Southampton and Espanol for example. Benitez before he got the Valencia job. Klopp before the Dortmund job. Many many more examples. They weren't "proven winners" when they got their breaks at a big club.
We can't afford anymore failures or what ifs

I'd like us to peruse Jose Mourinho. We've got nothing to lose, now is the time Everton. If we've got real ambitions at this club we need to go for it. Even if he knocks us back we'd get our name out there and maybe peak the interest of managers who aren't as good as Jose but still better then we could currently attract. Over to the club now, time to show everyone the level of your ambition Everton.

It is a certainly that Mourinho would underperform even Silva. He has demonstrably lost the plot.

That would be like getting engine troubles, and replacing your car with a horse-and-buggy instead.

Why is every 'who should we get next' thread full of shouts for Eddie Howe, managers that have been sacked from clubs in the relegation zone and former Everyone players?

I like to think we'd look beyond the Premier League or an ex player, to maybe try something different.

It is a certainly that Mourinho would underperform even Silva. He has demonstrably lost the plot.

That would be like getting engine troubles, and replacing your car with a horse-and-buggy instead.
He's a proven winner. Which is more then you can say for anyone who's managed Everton in the last thirty years apart from Royle and Kendall. It's almost 100% certain that he'd knock us back anyway. I just thinking would be good for the club to even be linked with him.

If its up to Brands and we still go worst this season,he may not want to give silva a 2nd season,suppose it depends how he see's it,does he give him time with it been his 1st season or will he think silva cant improve,saying that its the players that need to show it on the pitch as well and stop walking round,giving up,not trying etc as that is what it looks like they are doing mostly.

Why is every 'who should we get next' thread full of shouts for Eddie Howe, managers that have been sacked from clubs in the relegation zone and former Everyone players?

I like to think we'd look beyond the Premier League or an ex player, to maybe try something different.

Hopefully Brands is the man for that.

I see no stand out candidate - and I don’t want Mourinho. Are we down to Eddie Howe and Mikel Arteta?
Wenger, simple as that, I wanted us to go for him in the summer and we didn't, but I haven't changed my mind I still want him, he'd command respect in the dressing room and would bring some stability to the club until he decides to retire, if Usmonov comes on board then I can see this happen.

My main problem with shouts for Arteta isn't his experience (or lack of), but it's that I remember all too well that transfer deadline day when he pretty much broke down the door, desperately trying to push through his move to Arsenal as the clock ticked down.

Status
Not open for further replies.