If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is here, for so long we’ve had this mentality of employing so called up and coming managers. Instead of actually going out and employing a winner, a manager who has won something like a Mancini, Ancelotti, Mourinho, we have so far bired Koeman off the back of a good season at Southampton, Allardyce to apparently keep us up, and now Silva off the back of getting Hull relegated and being sacked by Watford.

To me, this just isn’t good enough from the top down. We all know nowadays you don’t get 3 seasons never mind 5-10 so all of this it’s a long term plan to me is astonishing. We are going backwards as a club and as a business. How are going to build this big new stadium if we aren’t in the Premier League and if we can’t attract a good manager, yet alone good players.

Sigurdsson, Richarlison, Mina, Keane, Walcott they all need a good kicking and if they’re not up for the fight, the fight is every single game, then [Poor language removed] them off. I would much rather we play youth team players who show some passion than these 150k a week players who aren’t bothered we went out of the cup at home to Southampton on pens or that we lost to Millwall. Where’s the passion and the fight?!

To me Silva is not and has never been the right man for the job. This is Everton, not Hull nor Watford respectively. We have been here since the start, we are a proper club. We just aren’t being managed by a proper manager. All the money we have spent no doubt paying off contracts would of been better spent going out and making a crazy off to a world class winning manager, but Everton being Everton so it the hard way. I personally think some people talking about Arteta and Eddie Howe etc are just insane. It’s the same loser mentality. One of these guys is a bloody assistant manager for God’s sake. Let’s get real. We need an experienced winner, dare i say it even Wenger would come in and do better than the previous 3 managers, I have no doubt in that what so ever.

I just want us to start shouting that we are Everton from every rooftop available. Hopefully that world class winning manager will hear us and come calling. If not we might as well offer another up and coming Manager a chance, then it will happen again and again and again.

Spot on mate. Club needs a winning manager to drag the club up and remind us how things need to be done.

I think we're moving away from the original point though. You were saying that the job wasn't a poisoned chalice for Allardyce and I was saying that's because he knew he was only here for a short time so it couldn't be really, even he'd necked the chalice full of poisoned gravy he would have survived because all he had to do was keep things ticking over for 6 months. A new manager coming in would be met with much higher expectations.

Yes our current form would see us lower than 9th but the point is we are 9th and people have been talking - seriously - about sacking the manager for about a month already. You don't get time here at the moment, and yes, that means managers care what the fans think of them. If the atmosphere in the ground turns moody and then you get people staying away, you're done here. Journalists write stories based on fan interest, if our fans were seemingly content with Silva they'd be leaving him alone, the stories about him being under pressure are coming out because journalists know there's unrest in the fanbase and they feed us stories which reflect that.

I know he isn't the most reliable source,but Allardyce seemed to be under the impression he'd be here this season,hence his bitterness.All roads seem to lead to Moshiri.
Moshiri seems to be an absolute imbecile. I am assuming his accounting skills are first class, which is why Asminov has given him so much cash...

If we go down that route, (which I doubt), there are better options than him, imo.
I also doubt it, because that's what we're in now. But by the way, who are the bright young managers around now? Everyone always says Eddie Howe - are Unsworth and Dunc realistic (no) and I don't see any recent retired players in the Gerrard Lampard generation or the Henry, Viera types around.

Status
Not open for further replies.