If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take Arteta as a risk over bottom of the table relegation candidates any day.
Thing is people think we can get a better experienced manger, when was the last time we did that? The last time we got a manager with top end experience was Kendall the second time around.
Our candidates are all from midtable at best sides, so we need to go for something different.
Arteta for me, %100

Of course the club might think the manager might be irrelevant to all this, the club has a philosophy with Brands buying the players. Perhaps they see the success coming from the recruitment etc rather than the ability of the manager.

Just a thought......

Calling for Arteta is based on a flawed pursuit of romantism over logic. There is no evidence that he would be successful other than a few complimentary quotes from Guardiola , and Guardiola was a successful coach long before Arteta arrived on his team.
He essentially functions in the same role as Big Dunc, one of a team who assist the coach in training and offer a sounding board on the bench, He has no experience of managing any club let alone a club in the top league.
Many are no doubt basing their support on the fact he is a former player and will somehow ‘get’ us, whatever that vacuous phrase may mean. However while he may be welcomed by many there are a large number of us for whom the manner of his departure still leaves a bad taste. It is also noticeable to me that while many players clearly retain a lasting affiliation to a club , often exhibiting it on the pitch by not overly celebrating a success against their former club (think Dennis Law for instance, and many more thereafter), or speaking warmly of their former club, I have noted none of these things from Arteta. I am therefore convinced that for him we represent merely a former employer , which is fine although it does ignore the support we and the club gave him over the years.
In the end if we do dismiss Silva , which we won’t be doing until Christmas at the earliest, appointing Arteta would represent a massive gamble and not one the custodians of our club should be taking given our apparent ambitions.
There are after all many more coaches out there with actual first team experience.

Just a coincidence that Cahill back at Goodison on Wednesday? Arteta's tactical knowledge and Cahill 's motivational skills. With Lee Carsley as another coach, he's building a very good reputation in the game as a great coach and heard a rumour that he was also at the game on Wednesday.

Simeone's agent approached us last year. Maybe like Brands an informal agreement was done in that we get turned down at first but when the times right (his atletico contract is up) he'll consider the move here?

Highly unlikely but you never know maybe a genius move by the club.

If not we have to go all out for Mancini who's realistic and a good manager.

I think Simeone would be the perfect fit. Think how much money we have sprayed up the wall on the last 3-4 managers just in ending their contracts when we could have got someone with the kind of record he has with a team who also were in the best of the rest category

I fear we missed that window though... Not sure he'd touch us now

Just a coincidence that Cahill back at Goodison on Wednesday? Arteta's tactical knowledge and Cahill 's motivational skills. With Lee Carsley as another coach, he's building a very good reputation in the game as a great coach and heard a rumour that he was also at the game on Wednesday.
Is that your new management set up then? 3 ex players? Brave to say the least

Simeone's agent approached us last year. Maybe like Brands an informal agreement was done in that we get turned down at first but when the times right (his atletico contract is up) he'll consider the move here?

I think if you wanted him it would have to be this summer because both Arsenal and Chelsea are unsure about there manager's and Tottenham will lose Poch possibly to United so he could be in high demand .

Of course he did mate :Blink::hayee::pint2::pint2:

I asked Simeone the night before his CL final if he was interested in the vacant Everton job and he smiled and said 'no' so I'd rule him out and God I hate Mancini. He does the absolute minimum. If you have the biggest budget by a mile he'll scrape the league. Mourinho is 100 times better not that we could attract him. Gasperini is the best choice. Plays great football, brilliant man manager, vastly superior tactician to Mancini and hasn't yet had a big budget.

Maybe all Silva needs to do is delegate the coaching of defence tactics to someone qualified for the job. If Brands brings in striker fit for the job we
might have a more solid base to build on. Better and cheaper than sacking managers.

He was back in the UK due to having an operation on his hand. Doubt he is being lined up as a manager....or coach for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.