If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He built a strong young side at Leipzig and guided them to a 2nd place finish in the Bunderliga. He's not a top manager however they shown ambition getting him over the usual dour suspects and hes currently doing a decent job there with awful players (have also beat Arsenal)

I dont think we could attract a Mourinho however we could easily appoint a manager with a history of trophy success and/or strong league performances in competitive leagues.

Going for Alladyce and Silva were shambolic appointments but the fans allow it to happen as our expectations are so low.
That was my point mate if you read my posts... We need to look at candidates who are on their way to potentially becoming top managers. We won't attract the likes of simeone

The truth is about a third of our team know they are not wanted. Imagine working in a team of people where a third of them knew they would need to find a new job in 6 months if the current manager stays (and probably a worse one). Motivation and morale would be a challenge to say the least.

Or we could always give Silva some time? He's had 6 months. I think that the demand for instant success with the consequence of dismissal if it is not forthcoming is stupid, shortsighted and not beneficial to EFC.
I agree in part
But Silva is not willing to change or learn from his mistakes, for me this is dangerous moving forward as it shows nativity and stubbornness
I have said before that sadly he is out of his depth

Or we could always give Silva some time? He's had 6 months. I think that the demand for instant success with the consequence of dismissal if it is not forthcoming is stupid, shortsighted and not beneficial to EFC.

his defending statistics are some of the worst the premier league has ever seen, not just with us, but with hull and Watford.

would love to know why keeping a fella on who is going to relegate us with his defensive tactics is worth persisting with.

I agree in part
But Silva is not willing to change or learn from his mistakes, for me this is dangerous moving forward as it shows nativity and stubbornness

Thats why today is such a big game for him; if Sigurdsson and Coleman are back in, and we are 4-2-3-1 again he should absolutely be fired when we lose this. If he is at least trying different things then I'd give him more time.

Thats why today is such a big game for him; if Sigurdsson and Coleman are back in, and we are 4-2-3-1 again he should absolutely be fired when we lose this. If he is at least trying different things then I'd give him more time.

the whole of Watford want to batter us today, they want to hammer silva.

its goin g to be a blood bath …. 4 or 5 - 1

Even though people will justly say we lost on Wednesday with only had one shot on target, overall it was a much better performance because of the changes.

We showed doggedness, stamina and the style of play (tempo, movement etc.) was a marked improvement. Like you say, if it goes back to the same ol...

... well, he is only giving the club more rope to hang him by, and he's already gave them a fair amount. If he wants to make it, then you need to be adaptable.

Why change now and not earlier
We could all see the failings in tactics and formation, but for some reason he couldn’t

That’s the concern I have..

We could all see the failings in tactics and formation, but for some reason he couldn’t

Martinez was similar in many ways. They've both adapted from time to time but often it's either been too late or far too quickly stopped after an ad-hoc trial.

While I understand that managers have a preferred way of playing football, if it simply isn't working or you don't have the players for it then you must change.

Maybe that's the difference between the top managers and those who are vying for the middle ground - the ability to see when change is needed and act on it.

I agree, he absolutely should have. He did in midweek and we were a lot better, if he reverts to type now (and the inevitable happens) then he has no excuses left and should be shown the door.

Martinez was similar in many ways. They've both adapted from time to time but often it's either been too late or far too quickly stopped after an ad-hoc trial.

While I understand that managers have a preferred way of playing football, if it simply isn't working or you don't have the players for it then you must change.

Maybe that's the difference between the top managers and those who are vying for the middle ground - the ability to see when change is needed and act on it.

The thing that truly wound me up about Martinez was that, in his best season here, he was not like that at all - we played several different ways and it worked, the players bought into it and we had our best season in years. Then he stopped doing it.

I agree in part

We could do with 1, let alone 3 wise men to sort this current mess out.

Status
Not open for further replies.