If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think Wagner is a decent manager. Probably not ready for the Everton job though.

The only people who'd be overwhelmingly happy about his appointment would be the media. The narrative writes itself. Best buds Klopp and Wagner on opposing sides of Merseyside.

The RS would probably be happy too, at least at the start. Can already see the btec Klopp comments.

Honestly, if Silva was to be sacked soon, I think Cocu would be a strong favourite. Worked with Brands for much success in Holland and happens to be available. Whether he's ready or not is a different question. Dutch football is weak and his spell at Fenerbahce was bad, although it's clear that clubs issues run deeper than the manager.

I honestly think Wagner is a decent manager. Probably not ready for the Everton job though.

The only people who'd be overwhelmingly happy about his appointment would be the media. The narrative writes itself. Best buds Klopp and Wagner on opposing sides of Merseyside.

The RS would probably be happy too, at least at the start. Can already see the btec Klopp comments.

Honestly, if Silva was to be sacked soon, I think Cocu would be a strong favourite. Worked with Brands for much success in Holland and happens to be available. Whether he's ready or not is a different question. Dutch football is weak and his spell at Fenerbahce was bad, although it's clear that clubs issues run deeper than the manager.

I don't think so. Cocu was picked as a coach through the ranks and as a former player so was connected to the psv project brands had going on.

So a model of promotion rather than hiring in that sense. As we have coaches already established here who probably can't step up, we will aim for the Silva's of the game
Just mentioned on Sky Rafael, how would you feel?

Still would be against it personally. He would be the best manager we could get but same as hiring daglish or gobshite , can't get past the kopites connection in my head.

BBC live match report - Everton manager Marco Silva has lost 20 Premier League away fixtures since the beginning of 2017 - only Bournemouth's Eddie Howe, with 21 defeats, has a worse record.

Howe in?

I don't think so. Cocu was picked as a coach through the ranks and as a former player so was connected to the psv project brands had going on.

So a model of promotion rather than hiring in that sense. As we have coaches already established here who probably can't step up, we will aim for the Silva's of the game

Yeah true. Guess it depends on how strong the relationship was between Brands and Cocu.

As for continuing to go for the Silva's of the game, I get that. Everyone want to find a young manager who will change a club the way Poch has at Spurs. I honestly thought Koeman would be that man but the summer of 2017 sealed his fate. Wasn't quite sold on Silva. He performed admirably at Hull but they still went down and his Watford stint ended ugly both on and off the pitch.

It's such a hard task to find the rising manager that isn't just a flash in the pan. For example, I thought Roger Schmidt would be in a good job right now after how well he did at Leverkusen in his first two seasons. Instead his time there ended with a whimper and now he's in China.

Should Silva fail and get sacked, finding the right man will really be where Brands proves his worth. Because unless a name like Conte shows interest and makes the decision a no brainer for him (Conte would be perfect imo), Brands will have to really put the work in to make sure Everton don't end up with another flop.

I can’t bear the thought of Moyes coming back. I was sick of RS mates using this to take the piss, last time around. I’m absolutely desperate for us to win something, and let’s be honest, winning trophies just isn’t Moyes forte, is it?

938BFCED-1862-4314-B488-0C7947094EDB.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.