If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im confused...

If you want an experienced winner with great tactical acumen who wants to win at all costs then its Mourinho or Simeone.

If you want someone with zero experience then its Arteta

If you want someone whose young and has a few years experience then its Marco Silva.

No matter who comes in we still need to sell players / wait till contracts expire over the next 3 seasons to rebuild. No matter who the manager is that is not going to change the need for time -- something both brands and silva have always said.

Virginia
Digne
Mina
Bernard
Richarlison
+Zouma/Gomes

This is a much higher quality player we are bringing in but are let down by the other half of the starting 11 every single game.

Silva needs players who suit his system -- just like Mourinho/Simeone and just like Klopp/Pep who have totally rebuilt their teams.

Going for Arteta is just a joke...he has no experience and will need to change his team just the same as Silva.

What we need to do is keep Silva in the hotseat and rebuild the next stage in the summer + see a few players out the door and then continue the process next season.

We will start to see some big changes in summer 2020 i think when some big contracts expire or only have 12 months left.

Doing great at Newcastle - not!

I hate Benitez, i mean i hate his attitude and i also hate his constant excuses for failure.

However, have you not seen the players he has to work with? Its just the same as slating Silva because hes only 7 months into a total rebuilding process with a handful of decent players hes brought in himself and a keeper having a confidence crisis.

Benitez is a chequebook manager...always has been. Silva needs Brands to sign better quality players suited to his system.

Imagine Pep taking over an Allardyce team...think hed finish top 4 ?

Arteta has zero management experience, Zero!

We need an Ex Everton legend who understands the club and will not stand for anything less than 100%.

Years ago we had a few ex players with plenty of experience who we could recruit but not anymore. I mean how did Ready never manage us...

Can't think of one though!

The way Man Utd have utilised Solskaer (not sure of spelling) is a shrewd move many initially scoffed at. He understands the club though and has a a good personality that bonds well with supporters.

Our coach quietly mumbles broken English in press conferences and if we are lucky we may get a slight smile. Can't imagine him to be dynamic in that dressing room, can you?

It's sad we can only look to Arteta as an ex legend as not only does he have zero experience he probably wouldn't even be interested in coming to Everton. He never struck me as being particularly loyal. In fact I remember being told by an employee of the club that he preferred to travel seperately to the team! Probably bullsh*t but there you go.

Solskjaer was a winner tho, we had lots of winners but now they are to old and outdated like Reid , to get an Everton legend in now you’d be looking at Walter Smith and Moyes teams, I’m throwing tommy gravesen name in there , played for the biggest club in the world to

....Chris Sutton suggesting Neil Lennon will be a good fit.
as mad as this sounds hes the type of 'character' we need.

he doesn't take any crap

he upsets players with truths

he gets the best out of players

but he obviously is abit old school abit too roy keane , players have too much power these days, hence why he was outed at Hibs

Oh I thought I had seen every possible piece of nonsense but now we have Neil Lennon in the frame. I don't want to write anything libellous about him, but best look elsewhere in the swamp before you pick that crocodile.

1 - First crack at Managing and Derby excelling
2 - He and Team show no fear against bigger clubs
3 - As a player and now manager takes the cups seriously - much to our misfortune in the past
4 - Big Name, so top players would respect him and what he achieved at highest levels
5 - Media connections, which helps the war of attrition getting the attention deserved and changing the perceptions would be a PR win
6 - Unwanted by Chelsea in the end, couldn't see any of the other top 5 taking him on, no ties or conflicts with us so would be his biggest Managerial Opportunity in England point to prove
7 - He was knocked as a lad and had huge local pressure in him at West Ham, could offer a lot for the youngsters pushing through in what is a poisonous environment for local talent to try to thrive
8 - Midfielder with tremendous goal record, he gets the importance of trying go kick the ball into the net surely that should rub off a bit

How about them?
Not good enough he has managed for 6mths half of them excuses mean nowt ,get it out your head not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.