If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t want Gerrard here either, not going to happen anyway. Wenger is too old IMO
We don't need someone to stay for 20 years we need someone with the experience to come in and root out the problems within the club and steady the ship, Wenger is a big enough name that talented players would want to play for, get him in for a few years and get in track.

Apologies. I figured a quick look on Wikipedia would have answered your question.

Yeah, did take a peek. He was hardly pulling trees up in Spain was he? Doing ok in a first job, enough for Southampton to take a chance on him.

anyone is fine as long as he adopts counter attacking football above everything else.

We are doom to fail with any manager who does fancy continental passing unless we shell out few hundred million to sign players required for it to work.

Yeah, did take a peek. He was hardly pulling trees up in Spain was he? Doing ok in a first job, enough for Southampton to take a chance on him.

At least he won the Cup of Kings twice in arguably, in terms of technical footbal, a better league than the Prem. Silva won a cup in Portugal a league that's not really the best. A quick looksie on Wikipedia and he's only lasted a year at each of the clubs his managed, although, to be fair to him, he was unfairly dismissed at Sporting for not wearing a club suit.

We don't need someone to stay for 20 years we need someone with the experience to come in and root out the problems within the club and steady the ship, Wenger is a big enough name that talented players would want to play for, get him in for a few years and get in track.
Hey i wouldn’t disagree, I just think he's too old for that kind of job. I don't know where we go from here, I just hope Silva can turn this ship around cos we are heading for shallow waters and in danger of running aground.

only 1 man can save us now

david-moyes-new-620-646219722.jpg

At least he won the Cup of Kings twice in arguably, in terms of technical footbal, a better league than the Prem. Silva won a cup in Portugal a league that's not really the best. A quick looksie on Wikipedia and he's only lasted a year at each of the clubs his managed, although, to be fair to him, he was unfairly dismissed at Sporting for not wearing a club suit.

He won those as a player.

As coach he did nothing more than stabilise Espanyol for a couple seasons before getting sacked after a terrible run.

Then Southampton took their gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.