If Everton Had A £30 Milllion Budget Who Would You Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would spend 33 million on Le Manuel the god, making him the Premiership's and Evertons record signing. This would infuriate zero and Sharpy and make them [Poor language removed] furious. He would go down in Everton's history book, and plus he'd be immense.

Must spread rep yadda yadda yadda....

It's funny you should use that figure because after the last transfer window closed in the summer Everton took out a £30M loan from the Prudential in July. And yet Moyes is now telling us that even loan deals might be too costly for us in January.

It's a funny old world and no mistake.

Moyes is full of it at the moment. I wouldn't trust him any more than Bill on matters to do with transfers and contracts.

We'll have £10m, or similar to that. FACT. :D

Moyes is full of it at the moment. I wouldn't trust him any more than Bill on matters to do with transfers and contracts.

We'll have £10m, or similar to that. FACT. :D

Personaly if we had 10 mill i think we would be crackers to spend it in January with much finacial uncertainty hanging over the game, and specificly everton as a club in terms of the stsadium issue etc.

Although i think the squad in general is unblaanced id far perfer us to get another two loans in Jan to add option and hopfully they would do a similar job and have a similar impact to, Pienaar, Arteta and Fernandes.

Personaly if we had 10 mill i think we would be crackers to spend it in January with much finacial uncertainty hanging over the game, and specificly everton as a club in terms of the stsadium issue etc.

Although i think the squad in general is unblaanced id far perfer us to get another two loans in Jan to add option and hopfully they would do a similar job and have a similar impact to, Pienaar, Arteta and Fernandes.

I think we need to spend it if we are to push for Europe. Priority would be a holding midfielder. Obviously that will change the dynamic somewhat and one senior player will be dropped. But like you say, the squad is unbalanced, particularly midfield. Okay, if we can get first-rate HM on loan, I'm all for that. But failing that I think we should spend the cash if possible.

I think we need to spend it if we are to push for Europe. Priority would be a holding midfielder. Obviously that will change the dynamic somewhat and one senior player will be dropped. But like you say, the squad is unbalanced, particularly midfield. Okay, if we can get first-rate HM on loan, I'm all for that. But failing that I think we should spend the cash if possible.

Its the rock and the hard place mate, as much as wed all love to blow some cash in Jan i think the way the credit crunch is biting and the impact of such begining to show in football i think it might be the right move to hold fire.

Intrestingly the loan market may be the way to go, you could see some clubs maybe wanting to get some players of the wage bill as the crunch bites.

We will see i have a suspicion that Moyesy had another two loan deal in the summer that didnt come of, we all know about Obinna. We had our eye on Tiago as well.

I personally wouldnt be against either coming in and would perhaps make better financial sense and also meet our expectations on the feild for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.