2017/18 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a controversial opinion but I think the partnership of him and Schneiderlin hasn't worked yet. Yeah they looknimprrious against the dross at home but in away games we really struggle to break teams down with those two in there. With Klaasen coming into the mix and Davies potentially Siggurdson all needing to be factored in it's going to be interesting to see how Koeman balances it.

I remember how uncertain, dismissive and even downright angry quite a lot of Everton fans were when this guy signed. A few days before it was made official, I came onto this forum and made my first post - it was about this bloke and how he would be nothing short of phenomenal for your lot.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/idrissa-gueye.90148/page-27#post-4709539

Without wanting to overstate things, he's obviously the best football player the world has ever seen.

I didn't read this at the time but you were completely right in fairness mate. The trouble is a lot of Evertonians will only accept a player if they sign for £50m or from Barcelona. Any other players you have noticed who have gone completely under the radar? I have always rated Charlie Daniels at Bournemouth. Not for us at his age now mind.

It's a controversial opinion but I think the partnership of him and Schneiderlin hasn't worked yet. Yeah they looknimprrious against the dross at home but in away games we really struggle to break teams down with those two in there. With Klaasen coming into the mix and Davies potentially Siggurdson all needing to be factored in it's going to be interesting to see how Koeman balances it.

I think it'll change this season and they won't be seen as a "partnership" in the middle.

Find it strange that some here don't have him as one of the first names in our lineup.

Gana and Morgan both on the field makes us pretty difficult to break down.

Gueye is ridiculously underrated as a footballer by our own fans.

There is nothing wrong with him going forward. He is a good passer and has a decent shot on him.
Yeah he does but he's not exactly the type that rolls past players and plays the through ball, if you know what I mean.

Cracking shot though.

Yeah he does but he's not exactly the type that rolls past players and plays the through ball, if you know what I mean.

Cracking shot though.

No that's true enough, the way some talk though you would think he was like Phil Neville or something.

His defensive ability seems to mask the fact that he is a very talented footballer who can probably play anywhere if asked. I think Besic is pigeonholed similarly. Actually Schneiderlin too I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.