Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.

To the bedroom the pair of you. Have fun!
search

^ GOT totalitarian censorship. What's wrong with showing love.

Thought he did well with the role he was asked to take up, it's clearly not a natural match for his style of play as he's much better when given the energy to run around and close off spaces whereas sticking to 1 guy can take a way a lot of that.

Part of me throughout this game kept thinking how much i would have loved to see a fully fit Besic playing that role today with Gana and Davies as the 2 other midfielders instead of Barkley, would have made for a much better balance with Besic made for that type of man marking job which he has relished in the past for Bosnia.

The reason United did it so successfully to Chelsea a couple of weeks ago is because they had Herrera man-marking Hazard, but they ALSO had Darmian basically man-marking Pedro. By removing the two players from the game who supply Costa, he became impotent as well.

The slight tactical error in this game was although Gana performed his role superbly (other than the free kick I can't remember Hazard getting a shot off all game?), nobody marked Pedro and it was his stunning goal which effectively won Chelsea the game. Too much space on the edge of the box, and you just don't give a player of his quality that much room.

Anyway, that takes away from what was a brilliant performance by Gana .. a real gem of a player.

The slight tactical error in this game was although Gana performed his role superbly (other than the free kick I can't remember Hazard getting a shot off all game?),.

Side netting that Hazard should have done better on. Gana got lost for a second there and slid poorly/ineffectively to protect the goal. Bad miss at the end of the day.

Overall he did well in an unfamiliar role and for the most part made Hazard anonymous. Intercepted loads of balls that were meant for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.