• Yes

Votes: 834 79.7%
  • No

Votes: 212 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be in the minority but £8 million for Gana is decent business. Sure he’s 32 but we know he’s quality, he will instantly improve the team, and despite his age his fitness levels have always seemed good so he should have legs for a couple of years.

There are not many players of his ability we can obtain and we desperately need it.
He’ll do rightly I reckon.

Alleged €10m which is £8.5m.
Makes no difference really. His truest value to us is how much Chelsea want him and how much we can get out of them.

Imagine swapping Gueye and Gordon, possibly our 2 most overated players of the last 10 years, for £50m and and another £50m+ worth of talent aged 20-22 (Gallagher, Gilmour, Broja).

Could transform our squad for years to come.

Makes no difference really. His truest value to us is how much Chelsea want him and how much we can get out of them.

Imagine swapping Gueye and Gordon, possibly our 2 most overated players of the last 10 years, for £50m and and another £50m+ worth of talent aged 20-22 (Gallagher, Gilmour, Broja).

Could transform our squad for years to come.
€5m actually. Even better.

I hope we honestly haven't paid £8 million for a nearly 33 year old.
Sometimes real quality shines through, remember spending £5m on a nearly 32 year old milkman....

What a buy Distin was, same season as 31 year old Barry came in, totally transformed us.
BPb58XACcAAI92i.png

Then I ask you for a name. You avoid answering it.

Back the sweet prince. Barry was still playing for us when he was 36.
Firstly, mate, we (allegedly) have a scouting network at our club. It’s not the job of some ill-informed fat lad on a footy forum to provide the alternative to signing someone for way over the odds, despite the fact the selling club don’t want him, because he was decent for a wildly different Everton team 3 years+ ago.

Secondly, one player being good at 36 a few years ago doesn’t mean every auld fella we sign is going to be boss. People whinge and moan about “jobs for the boys” at this club, and yet a load of them are cock-a-hoop at us frittering €10m of what is likely a very limited pot on a player because they think he’ll magically turn us into a top half team because we were when he was last here.

One for the vault: By the end of this season (if not sooner) the cryarses will be lumping Gueye in with the deadwood we need rid of.

Sometimes real quality shines through, remember spending £5m on a nearly 32 year old milkman....

What a buy Distin was, same season as 31 year old Barry came in, totally transformed us.
And how many have completely failed. I hope it works out but we should be doing the complete opposite to this.

Made up we have got him. Cannot wait to see him in a blue shirt again. Man do we need him. Not sure i believe that we are paying 10 million Euros for him though. Probably be about 4 million pound i reckon but we probably wont find out as it will be undisclosed as all our signings are.

Status
Not open for further replies.