2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watford sold their best player - and look at them now. Best of the rest and still in the cup.
He wasn't their best player. They also changed managers and tactics.

Beyond that, they'd be much better with him.

Regardless, we aren't Watford and we have no able replacement. That's as much of the concern as simply losing a very good player. Much like it wasn't that Lukaku was so amazing, it was that we never replaced him.

His only chance is a radical overhaul of the squad, including players who our fans (wrongly) perceive to be our best players.

Unless he completely changes the midfield then he has no chance here. These players won't battle for him and will get him sacked. To suggest we couldn't cope selling Gueye is crazy. He hasn't performed all season. He has played like a player who wants a move this month. He hasn't won a tackle in weeks. We should sell for a good price. It's not even a debate.

Who would you suggest of our midfielders could come in and do a better job than Gueye, mate?

Because frankly he's been outperforming both Gylfi and Gomes for the last 4 weeks by far.

Davies looks lost, doesn't know his arse from his elbow once he steps on the pitch. Schneiderlin is a liability. I honestly think McCarthy could be relied on to at least do the graft, but does he have the legs anymore?

He has been the top tackler and interceptor in each of our last two games, btw.

Can't blame him for wanting out.

I thought he was really good for us when we first signed him, but he has been struck down by the general malaise affecting everyone at the club.

It's not like he has anything to fight for here for the rest of the season.

Can't blame him for wanting out.

I thought he was really good for us when we first signed him, but he has been struck down by the general malaise affecting everyone at the club.

It's not like he has anything to fight for here for the rest of the season.

*allegedly wanting out

Even though I'm confident he probably does want out, I have yet to see one reliable source actually say he has asked to leave.

Lets not do that daft thing by pretending our only midfielder with a bit of urgency going is a good thing.

I’d rather keep him and bin the rest, but I guess playing with the likes of Neymar and co has to be more appealing than lining up with DCL up front.

Sell. If he wants away then it's best he goes.

I don't blame him and won't look badly on him. We will finish mid-table with or without him.

I do like Gana but his age I'd take the money. Ialso just can't help but think it might be a blessing in disguise and give the manager options to change formation,well I was thinking that until I remembered who will be coming in for him, Either Davies who I think is best out if the firing line or Schneiderlin who should be snook into Ganas suitcase when he leaves.

Richarlison and DCL for me also...both 21 dont forget.

Pickford needs to sort out his confidence

Id not bat an eyelid about the others

My feelings on Dominic are clear and I will leave it there, R9 ? Yeah he’s young but I am getting to the end of my tether with Silva and seeing as he’s R9’s father in footy I don’t see him doing well if he goes. Also he has a lot of flaws which are very bad and 45m is lookong rather expensive now. If we got a decent offer I wouldn’t care if he went .

29 and the chance of a life time. He isn't going to want to stick around here.

Rather we sold him for £22m rather than hold out for £30m and have him sulking and causing issues, or worse sitting on the bench or reserves just eating up wages.

Everyone says January is hard to buy because it’s expensive, it’s january and it’s PSG they should pay both premiums

Status
Not open for further replies.