2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the very few bright spots in a maelstrom of dark voids in the team and club since he signed. People tend to sour on limited players, and I get that in most cases.

Not with Gana. If PSG closes the deal he is their Kante. Both limited and excellent at what they do well. A 'poorish man's Kante'.

At least it appears that we are doing some decent business finacially.

We are heading towards the drop because we have lost all patience with players who are one dimensional, managers who are percieved to have underachived, young players who don't immediately shine (or when they do, we quell excitement because it's a false hope, and slate them as soon as possible), and veteran 1st teamers who were never good enough anyway.

It's weird as F...but either way I wish Gana nothing but the best.

Apart from digne and lookman I wouldn’t care who we sold from the current squad at the moment. Digne is a decent LB and lookman is our most promising youngster and so I want him to stay. The rest can all go as far as I’m concerned

Richarlison and DCL for me also...both 21 dont forget.

Pickford needs to sort out his confidence

Id not bat an eyelid about the others

Id take anything over 20m

if Gueye stays, we'll watch standard boring mid-table Everton
without him, there is a possibility that we can watch some exciting relegation battle

I prefer 2nd

You really are a masochist.

Id take £25mil and be ecstatic with £30mil...i expect somewhere in between.

With 4 days left? Not in my mind.

I know you mean going forward generally, but Christ Tim, look how bad it is already. Selling one of our only half decent players isn't gonna help that, surely?

The truth is I don't trust the club to have an adequate replacement in before the end of the window. Silva admitted as much himself today.

That'd mean relying on players in Davies and Schneiderlin who are not up to it yet/at all, and McCarthy who can't be relied on fitness wise. I'm not saying it'd definitely be the end of the world, but people are already wanting Silva out. What chance does he have if his best players are getting sold - even if in 4 months' time he'd happily let him go.

His only chance is a radical overhaul of the squad, including players who our fans (wrongly) perceive to be our best players.

Unless he completely changes the midfield then he has no chance here. These players won't battle for him and will get him sacked. To suggest we couldn't cope selling Gueye is crazy. He hasn't performed all season. He has played like a player who wants a move this month. He hasn't won a tackle in weeks. We should sell for a good price. It's not even a debate.

To the tune of Candle in the wind

Goodbye Gana Gueye
Though you never passed forward, you had the grace to hold midfield, while those around you stroll,
You went down with the villa
Despite your great tackling stats, which Walsh spotted
They still dropped like a stone....

And it seemed to me that you ran midfield, like a kind of jarg Kante
Never knowing, who to pass to, then the ball was gave away
And we would of liked to have kept you, but you left and ran away
Now we’re left with Schneiderlin, which is kind of pretty lame....

You have to sing it in time with the tune really :blush:

To the tune of Candle in the wind

Goodbye Gana Gueye
Though you never passed forward, you had the grace to hold midfield, while those around you stroll,
You went down with the villa
Despite your great tackling stats, which Walsh spotted
They still dropped like a stone....

And it seemed to me that you ran midfield, like a kind of jarg Kante
Never knowing, who to pass to, then the ball was gave away
And we would of liked to have kept you, but you left and ran away
Now we’re left with Schneiderlin, which is kind of pretty lame....

You have to sing it in time with the tune really :blush:

We should sing this at the next game on 17 mins with our middle finger up.

Can't blame him one bit, it's his only chance of playing CL and winning stuff. I'm sure everyone on here would do the same in his boat so good luck jarg Kante, thanks for the memories. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.