2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t he also say he’d never disrespect Everton and their wishes after all we’ve done for his career? I’m paraphrasing here, but I’m sure that was part of the full quote.

“It is a dream that sadly did not come true. Every player works to join the best teams, to play in matches in the Champions League.

“But I was honoured that PSG were interested in me. Now, I know that I am of interest to these types of clubs, I am ready to go to the final level to join a top European club.

“I am going to work even more so that they come back to me. Maybe it is not finished with PSG“PSG asked my agents to find out how I could leave. But Everton put the brakes on right away. They did not want to sell me. I pushed.

“I saw the directors to tell them of my desire to go to Paris, it was a golden opportunity, a huge challenge not to miss at 29 years old.”
After all that, he goes out and continues to be a top professional and played arguably his best football in an Everton shirt down the stretch

I think we should sell for 30mm+. Given his desire to leave, his age, the fee and his position, it just makes sense. It may weaken us a little at first but that’s business.

It’s all well and good if we sell and he wants to go, but we better find a damn replacement. And I don’t want to raise any alarm bells, but if we go into the season with what we’ve got atm, it’s not looking good. Let’s hope some of these Kean’s, Leao’s and such start coming off. Last time we “stood still” it plunged us into one of our worst periods since early Moyes. Godspeed Gana, Brands

Wouldn’t begrudge him his move at this stage of his career TBH. It’s PSG, he’ll be playing Champions League footie for a great club which he’ll probably not get another chance, and the fact he was so professional unlike a few others at the club, when his January move didn’t happen and he got his head down and produced some superb performances makes me think we should let him go if a good offer comes in.

Steve Walsh's redemption signing, such a great player. I really hope we keep him but if he puts in a transfer request again it'd be a shame to deny him the move again. Anyone ever see the video where a kid video called him for the laugh and he came on chatting with him? class act

I think if we sell him it shows well of the club to other new potential players that we stick to our word and treat them fairly if they give 100%, Might be a positive message to the likes of Kean etc

I think if we sell him it shows well of the club to other new potential players that we stick to our word and treat them fairly if they give 100%, Might be a positive message to the likes of Kean etc
It would make us look good but also reinforce our "stepping stone" status. Of course the only real way to shake that is to move up the league which losing Gana won't help us do at least initially.

We can't afford to let Gueye go until we have a suitable replacement...

He is vital in that defensive midfield role & we have no one with his capabilities to replace him at present...

You must not know 'bout me
You must not know 'bout me
I'll have another you by tomorrow
So don't you ever for a second
Get to thinking you're irreplaceable
So since I'm not your everything
How about I'll be nothing, nothing at all to you
Baby I won't shed a tear for you
I won't lose a wink of sleep
'Cause the truth of the matter
Is replacing you is so easy

Status