2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love him to stay but it's purely up to him. He's treated the club and the fans with total respect when the biggest club in the country of his native tongue offered him champions league football, an improved wage and easy trophies and he could've easily thrown his toys out of the pram. If anything the months after January have been his best.

If he does go though, Marcel will have someone lined up guaranteed.

Would love him to stay but it's purely up to him. He's treated the club and the fans with total respect when the biggest club in the country of his native tongue offered him champions league football, an improved wage and easy trophies and he could've easily thrown his toys out of the pram. If anything the months after January have been his best.

If he does go though, Marcel will have someone lined up guaranteed.

Yeah PSG is one of those clubs that you kind of have to just accept your players are going to want to play for

I'll obviously wish him well and I believe that he can be replaced, but we're not just going to find someone we can plug right in there either

I don't think there's another CDM out there in the tier we can attract who is better than him, so it's either going to be a case of us finding a younger player to bring in who can grow into the role (Which will set us back for an indeterminate period of time) or going for a different type of player which means we'll have to tactically adjust (Which again could take an indeterminate period of time for the team to adapt)

I personally think that if we can convince him to stay with a bumper contract offer then that's the best course of action. He's not going off a cliff anytime soon

I would view every decision you made in it's own unique circumstances, as would any other sensible person

I wouldn't just blindly let you do whatever you wanted, regardless of past successes

In the financial world investors dont check every decision...and this is a financial decision on Gana.

Jury is still out on Mina.

True, hopefully his injuries dont occur so frequently.

Even if it wasn't, the idea that we should have a cult like worship of Brands and let him have free reign without any criticism is absolutely mental

Have we learned nothing from the Martinez Era?

Again, it isnt a cult. Youre basically saying the entire hedge fund industry is a cult. Nonsensical.

Youre seeing things which arent there.

Under martinez many posters questioned alot of his buys. We just liked his football.

In the financial world investors dont check every decision...and this is a financial decision on Gana.

True, hopefully his injuries dont occur so frequently.

Again, it isnt a cult. Youre basically saying the entire hedge fund industry is a cult. Nonsensical.

Youre seeing things which arent there.

Under martinez many posters questioned alot of his buys. We just liked his football.

This is football, not the financial world (And there's plenty of evidence that hedgefunds are not necessarily good things either, but that's another discussion for another thread)

We have eyes and can see how good a player Gana is, so we're perfectly entitled to question whether selling him would be a good idea without deferring to Brands' judgment, regardless of how many good signings Brands has already made

Having a completely unquestioning approach to Brands is what's nonsensical. It's actually incredibly dangerous

I can just see you being one of the Chelsea supporters who complained about signing Makelele at age 30, and you would have been wrong then too

De-motivated? What makes you say that? The lad played out of his skin from February onwards last season so to me seems like a consummate professional who won't down tools.

Could be to make sure those clubs came back in the summer for him? If we deny him again he may throw his toys out of the pram this time. We also don't know if there is an agreement with the club of you can go for x million and we find a suitable replacement.

Could be to make sure those clubs came back in the summer for him? If we deny him again he may throw his toys out of the pram this time. We also don't know if there is an agreement with the club of you can go for x million and we find a suitable replacement.

There very well could be an agreement, you're right

If he wants out then selling is certainly the best thing to do. He's done his bit for us and he'll go with many of our thanks. There's no point keeping a player who doesn't want to be here and he was very professional in winter, so he's gone about this the right way

However, if after sitting down with him we can find a figure that would make him happy to stay and sign an extension, then we should certainly sign him back up in my opinion (Providing the figure isn't extortionate)

He may well do but he doesn't strike me as that type of person. He is 100% our most consistent performer over a season, people give him [Poor language removed] for not making 30 yard balls but the lad is class, every game I go to I always find myself saying well in Gana at least 5/6 times due to how good he is at getting the ball back. He wins the ball and passes it on to better players, I have no issue with that. He also pops up with a goal or a shot (not the best I must admit) now and again.

He may well do but he doesn't strike me as that type of person. He is 100% our most consistent performer over a season, people give him [Poor language removed] for not making 30 yard balls but the lad is class, every game I go to I always find myself saying well in Gana at least 5/6 times due to how good he is at getting the ball back. He wins the ball and passes it on to better players, I have no issue with that. He also pops up with a goal or a shot (not the best I must admit) now and again.

I think you have missed out his best trait there. He is always available for a pass, like always, doesn't matter where on the pitch. I like my players to do that.

If there was a better, younger player available for £30 million, then PSG would be signing them instead.

Tell him he’s under contract and he’s staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.