2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen a lot of folk saying he’s made me eat my words because he’s hit form since January or he’s suddenly learned how to pass forward. Not really. He was playing pretty well in a team that was playing mostly rubbish. Some of you were just plain wrong. Others were sheep copying the ill informed comments. Only us few true believers who were loyal to Gana from the start deserve to bask in the glow of his excellence now that the world has come to appreciate him. You other slim shadies can only press your noses to the glass and watch from the outside.

Even when we were at our most crap, he was our best player. Some of the calls on here to drop him were the grimmest moments in GOT history

Tremendous again. I would not begrudge him leaving in the summer, just as I didn't have a problem with him leaving in January. He has earned a move to a Champions League club, and if he gets one - I'd be happy for him because he deserves it. If not, I'll be even happier as it means he'll stay in our team next season.

If he does go, I don't envy Marcel Brands' task in trying to replace him.

Gomes is not a DM and neither is Davies. If we lose Gana and all we sign is Gomes and a Gana replacement, you can forget finishing anywhere above 7th.

And I can make a list at cheaper clubs.

No idea how your reply relates to my post?

Yep, i don't get it either. The obsession with getting rid of players just because they are nearing 30 is ridiculous, people put future selling fees as more of a priority than actuality winning games it seems.

If you own a car and you believe that over the next 3 years it will:

A: Lower its performance
B: Likely have breakdowns
C: Depreciate in value

Dont you then sell the car and buy a new one?

Or you keep the car due to sentimentality and because its a good car at this moment?

Personally Player of the Season.

Consistently 7/10 most games, he has improved his offensive play, lead when people around him have struggled and if he added a goal or 3 he would be the best player at the club.

You don't get linked to PSG just because they need cover, he would be first choice and he is a £40m+ player.

Or you keep the car due to sentimentality and because its a good car at this moment?
Zat the new car could be a lemon too. Not every player needs to be under 21

Atm said car is a Ferrari at what they do and we most likely couldnt get someone as good for the money we'd receive. He will most likely go but we are really going to miss him. No sentimentality involved.

Top player and if there was a 24 year old version of him knocking around for a few quid I would maybe let him go and have his dream move.

But there doesn't appear to be..... Fred, keita, and the likes all cost in excess of £50m and aren't as good at what this lad does.

So.... unless someone brings a better car with less miles on the clock at a reasonable price I will run my £7.5m motor into the ground..... it owes me nothing.

I am hopeful that there are good negotiators in the club = e.g. Brands and Silva = who can pitch the idea of staying to him and some of our others big assets. Going to a PL top 6 or CL club is not what it is cut out to be, unless you are going to a stable management or one with a long-term plan. I would say for your career, the only guaranteed progress from Everton now seems to be Spurs, maybe Arsenal in the PL. Man City has a massive squad and a ruthless manager, Chelsea, Man U are not quite stable yet, and you can't move from Everton to Liverpool. PSG, Real and others work according to the whims of the owners and latest manager. So basically, Gueye might have one great season at a CL club, but then what? As opposed to that, we would happily keep him with us for the next 3 seasons as first choice, as long as he plays as well as he has done.

Barkley, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Stones, Lukaku, Coutinho, Emre Can, in fact Mina Gomes and Digne, are all recent examples off the top of my head that 'graduating' to a top club does not mean you'll automatically get the dream of CL football that you wanted. You might not be a great fit, and you might be totally at the mercy to the likes and dislikes of the latest manager.

I hope we can keep hold of young players like Lookman, and the established first teasers like Gueye, Digne, Richarlison on the basis that they can fulfil regular playing and international ambitions because they're at a club that values them with a long-term strategy.

What a buy he’s turned out to be. Walsh should never have been a director of football but he was a very decent scout. Hopefully we can find another 3-4 deals like the one we did for Gueye.

We should try and loan him to Liverpool before he's sold in the summer. If he's got Liverpool on his CV it will boost his price by about 25m.

If he leaves (for the record I really hope he stays), Doucoure would surely be the closest like-for-like replacement, plus he's familiar with our manager. Let's tap him up!

Personally Player of the Season.

Consistently 7/10 most games, he has improved his offensive play, lead when people around him have struggled and if he added a goal or 3 he would be the best player at the club.

You don't get linked to PSG just because they need cover, he would be first choice and he is a £40m+ player.
Even ahead of Digne?

Status
Not open for further replies.