2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's absurd. David Silva, 32. Fernandinho, 33. Nainggolan, 30. Vidal 31. Rakitic 30. Matuidi 31. Witsel 29. Javi Martinez, 29. Nzonzi 29. Modric just won player of the year and led his team to a world cup final at age 32.

All of those players are at filthy rich clubs

I don't define decent as 30M.

For a 30 year old? Whats decent then :eek:

Easily don’t sell him until we have two better mids

Of course we would need to sign new centre midfielders this summer.

Those 2 positions in the centre we need 3 players there + Davies so even if we signed Gomes we would need one more.

All of those players are at filthy rich clubs

For a 30 year old? Whats decent then :eek:

Of course we would need to sign new centre midfielders this summer.

Those 2 positions in the centre we need 3 players there + Davies so even if we signed Gomes we would need one more.
Gomes is not a DM and neither is Davies. If we lose Gana and all we sign is Gomes and a Gana replacement, you can forget finishing anywhere above 7th.

And I can make a list at cheaper clubs.

I thought we were utter madman to refuse 30mish for this boy, but I guess im the madman.

I’m in the same boat mate. Rather than sulk he has actually improved his performances since January , fair play to him , it’s so refreshing to see an attitude like that and it’s as rare as rocking horse Pooh in the modern game

Might venture back a 100 or so pages and popcorn those who didnt rate him :)

I always rated his defensive game but thought he was useless going forward, he could still improve in that regard but he really has shut people like me up over the last 6 months. I was saying to take the 30m but he looks like a 40m player these days and I have come round to the thinking that I would rather just have the 7m bargain price and lose that, than make 23m off him. He’s so fit and pace over ten yards is a massive part of his game and nobody knows when that yard of pace will go, but for only a 7m loss I am thinking we should keep hold of him until he’s ready to retire tbh

Why sell a player who week in week out is 1 of our best players particularly when we've got so much crap out on loan and on the bench that needs shifting.

How bout keeping the good players and fix the positions that need strengthening instead.

I think people are more discussing their opinions, people are going to discuss Gueye a lot this summer because of the Winter interest by one of the richer clubs in the world.

Now i know there has been super inflation in football since we signed him, but talking a minimum £23m is staggering, it’s be hard to refuse for a 30-Year Old.

Now my stance is tha Gana is one of the best in the business at what he does. I’ve been quoted in the past as saying this but adding that he’s very limited in what he can’t do, his passing etc were limited and it held him back.

Even at 30, he’s improving tenfold for me each game and I’d be against selling him.

But if the club have said to him, that they won’t stand in his way again if PSG come calling, which is my fear, then he’ll probably end up leaving come July.

Gueye could easily go until he is 34-35. He is ridiculously fit.

30M is buttons. People need to realize how much players cost these days. You would struggle to get Troy Deeney for 30M for example.

Why sell a player who week in week out is 1 of our best players particularly when we've got so much crap out on loan and on the bench that needs shifting.

How bout keeping the good players and fix the positions that need strengthening instead.

But...but...HE’S 30!!! He’s about to keel over and our squad should only be made up of potentially good players rather than actually good ones.

I always rated his defensive game but thought he was useless going forward, he could still improve in that regard but he really has shut people like me up over the last 6 months. I was saying to take the 30m but he looks like a 40m player these days and I have come round to the thinking that I would rather just have the 7m bargain price and lose that, than make 23m off him. He’s so fit and pace over ten yards is a massive part of his game and nobody knows when that yard of pace will go, but for only a 7m loss I am thinking we should keep hold of him until he’s ready to retire tbh

Yeah, I’d like us to keep hold of him. Will take wads of cash to replace what he brings to the team. But keeping him doesn’t represent a £7m loss if offers of £30m come in again. That’s millions of pounds of profit “lost”. Depends on what the transfer budget is going to look like but the club might not consider itself in a position to turn down that kind of money for a rapidly depreciating asset if it needs the funds to get in our targets...

Status
Not open for further replies.